TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #621  
What causes a "bleed down" ?

Most common reason is internal cylinder seal leaks. The next is the joystick valve having loose tolerances and allowing spool bypass. Finally, any external leak of a hose fitting or quick connect will allow tiny movement, but this is normally not the case for any large movement. The number 1 cause is internal cylinder seals with slow leakage. Since the lift and curl cylinders are in parallel, only one has to leak to effect both. One "bad apple" spoils the whole bunch.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #622  
Did some road side sicklebar mowing to day. But first I had to put the shoe back on the mower. Last time I used it I broke a mounting ear off the shoe and had to get the ear welded back on.
It was an Indian Summer day, in the 70's I think. Probably won't get many more of those for a while.

Attachments

• Mowing1.JPG
    Mowing1.JPG
    854.4 KB · Views: 250
  • Mowing2.JPG
    Mowing2.JPG
    801.3 KB · Views: 183
  • Mowing3.JPG
    Mowing3.JPG
    772.5 KB · Views: 205
  • Mowing4.JPG
    Mowing4.JPG
    857.9 KB · Views: 203
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #623  
Did some road side sicklebar mowing to day. But first I had to put the shoe back on the mower. Last time I used it I broke a mounting ear off the shoe and had to get the ear welded back on.
It was an Indian Summer day, in the 70's I think. Probably won't get many more of those for a while.

What kind of mower is it?

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #624  
What kind of mower is it?

It is a 7' Superior/First Choice Model 394 w/ hydraulic lift kit. I bought it from Ken Sweet in 2004 way before I knew anything about TBN.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #625  
Spent several hours yesterday cleaning out a drainage ditch on my property and came across an old wheel sticking out from the muck and bulrushes. The area where I was cleaning had been over run by beavers about 20 years ago and I am recovering the land. What was under several feet of water is now dry.

A couple of minutes of digging with the backhoe and I had uncovered this very old plow. It was upside down with the driven wheel showing. It appears to be horse drawn with one wheel providing power to the control handles. Anyone know anything more about this antique?

Anyway, its now sitting as a monument on my driveway to the hardy souls that use to work this land.

It looks like an IH Little Genius #8, but I'm not knowledgeable enough on those old jewels to be sure; it could just a easy be a John Deere #44, or some other altogether. It would have been tractor pulled.
Here's links to a couple of examples:
Yesterday's Tractors - Implement Photos
and
Yesterday's Tractors - Implement Photos

I was working today on one of near that vintage, an IH 4-disc tiller I got to use with my H. I've got it to where I can plow ok, but when I adjust it far enough over for the furrow wheel on the tractor and plow both ride in the furrow the drive wheel on the plow isn't pulling straight. The drive wheel and the furrow wheel are toed-in way too much. And I'm begining to think the problem is with the tail wheel, at least partly.
I can't believe anybody has ever figured out how one of these things work; if you don't have somebody who knows how to show you you're stuck. I'm going to work on it a few more days and then ask the old guy I got it from to help.
Good luck, Wm

Attachments

• Disc Tiller 16.JPG
    Disc Tiller 16.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 200
  • Disc Tiller 21.JPG
    Disc Tiller 21.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 180
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #626  
It is a 7' Superior/First Choice Model 394 w/ hydraulic lift kit. I bought it from Ken Sweet in 2004 way before I knew anything about TBN.

Thanks I am considering a unti justlike that when the funds allow for it.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #627  
Mowed today for the last time this season. Although I'm not sure how long it took...;)

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #629  
Well I didnt do it today, but this is the last seat time I had. It took me 2 full 10 hour days to dig this pond with my new LS P7010C. It started out to be a small koi pond, but I guess they can grow to be big Koi now.

Attachments

• october 2010 021.JPG
    october 2010 021.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 437
  • october 2010 024.JPG
    october 2010 024.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 269
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #630  
I also moved a couple of rocks to the side of the pond after I finished it

Attachments

• IMG_0823.JPG
    IMG_0823.JPG