TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,343  
Fall mowing is done, so today I washed the tractor before parking it in the shed.

View attachment 482728
Nice dirt! I am always amazed at how clean other folks tractors are around the zerk fittings. I was mine but I don't get the grease off the squeeze out areas. What is the easy trick?

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,344  
My trick is I have access to a heated power washer that has really good soap! :)

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,345  
My trick is I have access to a heated power washer that has really good soap! :)

I worry about the powerwasher driving water into the fittings. Not that I don't use one too...but I try to hit the zerks at oblique angles.
Heated power washer? oh my....how nice. Northern Tools? My Honda 390 will push me back with 4000 psi but it's too powerful, have to almost idle
the unit when washing equipment. Those Kubota decals don't last very long...

I go through a lot of paper towels when greasing. First to clean it off, then to clean if off after I'm done.
Am installing those little yellow caps on the zerks as someone recommended, but that won't keep the grease from getting into those recesses.
Grease on the outside does nothing but catch dirt and get on your clothes, so I'm always wiping it off, but those FEL zerks are in a class of their own, sitting in those little holes.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,346  
The only seat time yesterday was on the Husqy. Finally dried out enough by late afternoon for me to finish mowing between the house and the barn.

Husky.JPG

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,347  
Finished up my section of road today with a triaxle load or reclaim. Started out by moving and rough grading it with the box blade and then finished it out with my landscape rake. Overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

IMG_2007.JPGIMG_2006.JPG

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,348  
I worry about the powerwasher driving water into the fittings. Not that I don't use one too...but I try to hit the zerks at oblique angles.
Heated power washer? oh my....how nice. Northern Tools? My Honda 390 will push me back with 4000 psi but it's too powerful, have to almost idle
the unit when washing equipment. Those Kubota decals don't last very long...

I go through a lot of paper towels when greasing. First to clean it off, then to clean if off after I'm done.
Am installing those little yellow caps on the zerks as someone recommended, but that won't keep the grease from getting into those recesses.
Grease on the outside does nothing but catch dirt and get on your clothes, so I'm always wiping it off, but those FEL zerks are in a class of their own, sitting in those little holes.
I have had the tractor 8 years and only used the power washer on it 3 times so I'm not too worried about water in the fittings. Like you I try to just wash the excess grease off and not force water into the joints. Just have to grease everything after washing to force out any water that did get in. The power washer I have access to is not a Northern Tools. It is an all stainless steel unit but I don't remember the name. I have a Honda power washer here at the house. It's a nice washer but hot steaming water makes a world of deference when it comes to oil and grease. After fall mowing I always blow the tractor off with an air compressor before washing with a garden hose. This year it rained on me while finishing up so all the weed seed, pollen, and leaves were stuck to the tractor. Air did not blow off much so I had to use the power washer.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,350  
I bush hogged today. I got stuck on the second lap around the field.

image-854879110.jpg