TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #632  
I did some tilling with the KK 72" tiller. Except for a small area the ground hasn't been broken for at least 40 years. It did a great job in tilling under the green growth. I hit a piece of 1/2 " re-bar that had been used as a marker and wrapped it around the tines and that wasn't fun getting straightened out.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #633  
Well I didnt do it today, but this is the last seat time I had. It took me 2 full 10 hour days to dig this pond with my new LS P7010C. It started out to be a small koi pond, but I guess they can grow to be big Koi now.

It is hard to stop once you get started.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #634  
So, I thought I'd brush hog around 2 of the 3 ponds in the back yard. I did but... I got a little brave (aka fool hardy, stupid, lax, inattentive, etc.) Everything went as it usually does mowing the dam of the center pond on the non-water side but when I started on the other (water) side for who knows why I drove parallel to the dam not at right angles in little up and down swaths as I had always previously done.

I was up on three wheels starting to roll over into the pond. I slammed the steering wheel to the right in the direction of the down hill roll and got the tractor back onto 4 wheels, gently turned to the left as I slowed the tractor and got stopped parallel to the pond with the downhill side tires in mud a couple inches from being in the water.

First time in 7 years to mow that dam in that direction on that side of the pond. Hopefully the last time to do that.

Note to self: engage brain when operating tractor.

Patrick

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #635  
I spent a few hours taking out some small trees today with the tractor and the chain saw. I cleared some 2-6 inch round trees that were on the water line from the well to the house so I had to be a little carefull just incase the water line wasn't as deep as I think it should be. Here's some pictures running the chipper.

Attachments

• chipping.jpg
    chipping.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 215
  • chipping2.jpg
    chipping2.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 193
  • chipping3.jpg
    chipping3.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 235
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #636  
Patrick G "I was up on three wheels starting to roll over into the pond. I slammed the steering wheel to the right in the direction of the down hill roll and got the tractor back onto 4 wheels, gently turned to the left as I slowed the tractor and got stopped parallel to the pond with the downhill side tires in mud a couple inches from being in the water."

I was in a similar situation with my Yanmar trying to level off some dirt piles on top of an old levee using FEL and box blade. The tractor slipped off the edge of the pile and started down the incline side ways. I managed to turn into it some, but the box blade hung up. The only thing that kept me from turning over was the FEL hit the ground and pushed the tractor back over. It was on 2 wheels and I was already preparing to dismount on the high side when it hit and flipped back down. Let me tell you, I changed my way of levelling after that. These were large piles placed by a back hoe that had dredged out the edges of the pond and left them there to dry out.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #638  
I spent a few hours taking out some small trees today with the tractor and the chain saw. I cleared some 2-6 inch round trees that were on the water line from the well to the house so I had to be a little carefull just incase the water line wasn't as deep as I think it should be. Here's some pictures running the chipper.

One question: Why do you have a blue chipper on a yellow tractor??? ;):confused:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME
Did a few small odd jobs for a couple of hours.

USED the tiller as a carry all for tools and small equipment .
Used the front blade to carry a 5 gallon can of dirt around to fill in some small holes with.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #640  
Got in 3 hours mowing the pastures and dam, for the last time this year. Sniff. The Mahindra 4110 was flawless again. Next chore to till the garden and move bales. Then she goes to bed till spring unless we have a blizzard!