TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #651  
Haha, OK...;) I guess everything can't be perfect! :confused2: Oh, and is that smoke in the picture??? :confused:

Yes you are correct. My oldest brother was home, at my mom's, and they were doing some clean up around the farm. My two brothers and I have a life estate setup on a farm in ND that my mom lives on. There's about 160 acres there. Then we have another farm in IA that we have a life estate setup on that's been in our family for over a 100 yrs. That farm has about 130 acres on it. My grandfather owned a few farms in IA and at one time I think we had about 1100-1300 acres that we farmed. I think we still have about 650 acres total that's still in the family.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #652  
The ground froze up enough last night so I could get back in the woods. Started taking what is left in this lower stand as pulp. It was a perfect morning - sunny, 20 degrees and no wind. This afternoon I brought the last of my sawlogs to the mill.

Attachments

• PulpHitch.JPG
    PulpHitch.JPG
    793.8 KB · Views: 263
  • Landing3.JPG
    Landing3.JPG
    792.1 KB · Views: 264
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #654  
6.3 hours now and starting to learn the hoe. Much more difficult than the loader. I'd heard stumps were tough but this is more than I expected. Didn't finish it yet, expect about 2 1/2 hours total for the first one. The pic is of the pile of gravel I have to move before I start to dig a foundation for my shop.

Attachments

• TTT 008.jpg
    TTT 008.jpg
    591.6 KB · Views: 294
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #655  
The pic is of the pile of gravel I have to move before I start to dig a foundation for my shop.

Wow! That iddy biddy tractor has a lot of work on it's "platter." You've got a lot of seat time in your future.:)

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #656  
Dropped the finishing mower and put on the Yanmar 5 ft. tiller. Put SWMBO's garden to bed for the winter. Tilled and cross-tilled for 2 hours. Maybe overdid it a little but with winter coming, won't be much of a chance to get seat time. Next weekend I will top off the tank, lube everything and put on the trickle charger.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #657  

spent some time in the woods clearing a trail to a downed hickory. Loaded up a small load and headed to the barn for stacking. Loved the weather.

Attachments

• Kubota.jpg
    Kubota.jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 369
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #658  

spent some time in the woods clearing a trail to a downed hickory. Loaded up a small load and headed to the barn for stacking. Loved the weather.

I like your trailer. That makes a nice rig for picking up wood that is scattered around here and there. This is the best time of year weather-wise, I think.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #659  
Wow! That iddy biddy tractor has a lot of work on it's "platter." You've got a lot of seat time in your future.:)

I gave up on finding a Case 580 or similar for a resonable price and of course one showed up 4 days after the little Massey arrived. It's OK though as I've found I can dig here with the loader, I'm on all gravel and have all the time I need to do it. For my first use of the hoe, it was much more difficult to remove a stump than I expected. For a 2 1/2' diameter stump, I ended up digging an 8' diameter hole, three feet deep and the tractor still wouldn't budge it. I resorted to chaining up to my pickup to pull it out.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• stump removal 005.jpg
    stump removal 005.jpg
    574.2 KB · Views: 275
  • stump removal 007.jpg
    stump removal 007.jpg
    584.3 KB · Views: 268
  • stump removal 023.jpg
    stump removal 023.jpg
    447.3 KB · Views: 310
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #660  
I gave up on finding a Case 580 or similar for a resonable price and of course one showed up 4 days after the little Massey arrived. It's OK though as I've found I can dig here with the loader, I'm on all gravel and have all the time I need to do it. For my first use of the hoe, it was much more difficult to remove a stump than I expected. For a 2 1/2' diameter stump, I ended up digging an 8' diameter hole, three feet deep and the tractor still wouldn't budge it. I resorted to chaining up to my pickup to pull it out.:thumbsup:

I had a stump a little smaller than that, but I had to get in the hole and cut come of the roots: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/projects/184144-removing-stumps.html

Also: Don't forget to retract the hoe and stabilizers...;)