TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,751  
View attachment 499749

Spent my morning grading out part of my 1/2 mile gravel road. Thought about digging out my box blade but figured it was a good excuse to play in the dirt with my new RB3784 blade.

Looks like a pretty nice blade and good work too :thumbsup:

I am surprised your gravel is that dry/workable with all that snow and those snow banks. That is nice. We have a layer of rotting ice over soupy gravel on our road now,

gg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,752  
it's a lot steeper than the picture shows, once all tires were spinning that was it. Wet clay with water running down, Ag tires might have made it, r4 tires can't. No way a truck with street tires would go up, because it wouldn't have gotten to the bottom of the hill, let alone go up.
R4 tires aren't much better than street tires when it comes to mud, especially clay mud. They slick over pretty fast and then it is all over as far as movement up any kind of slope, even 5 degree slope will stall them, BTDT with my B26. Had to use the FEL lots of times to push me back out of just light mud.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,753  
Cleared out some more in my woods. A grapple would be great, but I'm figuring out the best way to remove stuff with the ratchet rake.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,754  
Got another hour in brush hogging this evening, then swapped the brush hog for the box blade. Plan to load several loads of horse manure this weekend, if my wife's cousin shows up with a dump trailer. The box blade is more compact ballast with a 5' railroad track chained to it!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,755  
I replaced the pinched/severed hose on my grapple and washed the swamp muck off the tractor from yesterdays "stuck" situation.
WP_20170224_10_52_00_Pro.jpg

WP_20170224_15_30_18_Pro.jpg

Then I went to work transplanting some blueberry bushes and a rhododendron.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,756  
More clearing downed trees in the woods. Grape vines killed several trees over the last 10 yrs, trying to get rid of vines and multiflora rose.1488072572390.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,757  
Worked the tractor hard today... loaded 4 loads of manure into a dump trailer, and also got a few locust logs from the neighbor I took the manure to... blow-downs in his field, had to cut them to lengths, and pull one out that was hung in a standing tree. Then, once my cousin-in-law got his truck(F350)/dump trailer hung up getting back to the road, pulled him out... he was impressed with my lil 3005, the 'over grown lawn tractor' as my father-in-law (his uncle) calls it... good day all around.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,758  
Looks like a pretty nice blade and good work too :thumbsup:

I am surprised your gravel is that dry/workable with all that snow and those snow banks. That is nice. We have a layer of rotting ice over soupy gravel on our road now,

gg

The only reason the gravel is that dry is because I put in some time pushing the snow banks back and into the ditches to keep as much water off the road surface as possible. But yea I like this blade a lot. It's a land pride RB3784 and it's definitely rugged and heavy. My only complaint is it could use a couple more holes to set the angle a little more when the blade is offset to the side.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,759  
I had a side job leveling a pad for a green house. Took from the high side and put some on the low side. Had about 1/2yd for them to use on other areas.

From unload to load up, 2 hours.

-R

20170226_172105.jpgj

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,760  
I took advantage of the nice dry-ish ground and worked some ruts with a rear blade, I made in the pasture this past winter AKA rainy season.

Fed the cattle a round bale, unloaded 2 cattle tubs, one to the pasture and the other in the barn.

#200 tubs that I didn't have to handle, TSC used a fork lift to lift them in the truck and I used the tractor to unload them, can't beat that.

IMG_7156.JPG

IMG_6886.JPG