TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,872  
Not as nice out today, but I had some things that needed doing, so I fired up the tractor to knock over a buttonwood tree that the power company had cut down to just below the wires, leaving just a 10ft or so tall trunk. It has rotted out over the past few years and if left to fall naturally would have landed in the drive. Also did a bit more clearing and moved the rotten log to the brush pile. Next Saturday is first day of trout for me, so if Sunday is halfway decent I'll probably continue working on the brush and I have a Pat's quick hitch and a titian ballast box to install. Plus I still need to wire my new lightbar.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,873  
Lmao, if I don't have corn for mine, they hold me hostage and won't let me leave the pasture, as soon as I go to open the gate there sniffing the tractor or checking stuff out.
Yes, they were sniffing the loader, that's what brings their hay, lol

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,874  
There is a place in my hillside where spring water runs out. My great grandparents used to use this water to water the chickens up until about 50 years ago. Since then it has been grazed and cut around, and was badly overgrown. Last fall when cleaning up the field, I couldn't get in close with the brush hog and was left with the typical brushy mess everyone else has left for years and years.

WP_20161010_15_36_28_crop.jpg

Being the proud new owner of an EA Wicked Grapple, I was able to reach in from either side and pluck all the brush out of the way and get it prepped for a new spring box and plumbing to the old chicken shed.

WP_20170324_19_02_34_crop.jpg

Then I had to put the tractor away, there will not be much usable weather for a couple days... :mad:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,875  
Yesterday's seat time was 3 hours. Mostly it was spent moving wood mulch out to the garden and trying to avoid the large fire ant colonies that live in there now. Then a quick run around the fields to collect the larger trunks that came down in Friday's storms. I'm already thinking I need a bigger trailer and possibly a second tractor...one to pull the trailer and one to fill the trailer. Currently I have to unhitch it, fill it and and then rehitch it. It's only a small trailer so that's not a great hardship, but it's a pain and that's usually when the fire ants catch me. Can you have too many tractors?

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,876  
How are you going to get two tractors to the field? You will have a train of things in tow. :)

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,877  
Sysop nice cleanup. Must be quite a surprise looking down there now when you haven't seen it cleaned up perhaps ever?
just thinking about driving a tippy tractor on your hills gives me the willies. Sure is pretty though
Pete, second tractor is marvelous, less hookups, and if your primary does everything else the way you want, a second tractor
can be old and tired and cheap to haul a wagon or trailer. And if your current tractor would just so happen to be a perfect trailer hauler,
well guess who now has an excuse to head on over to the dealer and sit in the one on the lot....;)

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,878  
How are you going to get two tractors to the field? You will have a train of things in tow. :)

Get a second tractor and trailer big enough to tow the Mitsu to the work site. Unload when you get there.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,879  
Yesterday's seat time was 3 hours. Mostly it was spent moving wood mulch out to the garden and trying to avoid the large fire ant colonies that live in there now. Then a quick run around the fields to collect the larger trunks that came down in Friday's storms. I'm already thinking I need a bigger trailer and possibly a second tractor...one to pull the trailer and one to fill the trailer. Currently I have to unhitch it, fill it and and then rehitch it. It's only a small trailer so that's not a great hardship, but it's a pain and that's usually when the fire ants catch me. Can you have too many tractors?

To be efficient, you need a tractor for every implement. That way you only burn up time starting and not hooking up implements.

I agree, get a tractor and trailer big enough to haul the Mitsu, and it can haul the loaded trailer back.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,880  
While my Jeep is getting serviced today (my buddy Arthur won't allow me to do it anymore) I will be cleaning up the ice on the driveways that the spring melt has left around.