TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,141  
Eric, that is some tough going. Looks hard to cut even to get into the chipper.

Mark, you have such a beautiful property that some of it has to get a little long...makes you really feel like you
accomplished something when you are done. You must have sharp blades on that ZT, all good.

Luke, you are going to have to move South or by the coast....you gotta love that granite and glacial rocks. Our farm in Eastern PA was within 15 miles of three granite quarries.
I thought I had died and gone to heaven the first time I sunk a shovel to plant something here in coastal NC. Can't buy a rock....
break any shear bolts on those rocks? I broke the end off my phd on a big rock a few years back.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,142  
Luke, you are going to have to move South or by the coast....you gotta love that granite and glacial rocks. Our farm in Eastern PA was within 15 miles of three granite quarries.
I thought I had died and gone to heaven the first time I sunk a shovel to plant something here in coastal NC. Can't buy a rock....
break any shear bolts on those rocks? I broke the end off my phd on a big rock a few years back.

I averaged about 0.5 shear bolts per hole lol. I had ONE hole that went all the way to 4ft deep without any problems... I about fell off the tractor in exhalation.

This is my first project with my new-to-me PHD. I'm very glad I did not spend a bunch more money on a hydraulic unit. The phd did about 50% of the digging. I did the rest. Down pressure and reverse would be completely worthless.

IMG_20170521_171204719_HDR-4008x2255.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,143  
Finally got around to mowing my ditches this afternoon. Dryer than a popcorn fart around here, we sure do need some rain.

20170521_164154_zpsidh8rs6f.jpg

20170521_164148_zps10hkvjcj.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,145  
Wasn't today, but I brought home my new King Kutter 84" landscape rake on Wednesday. Had to use the FEL and a chain to get it off my trailer when I got it home (so technically it's "seat time", right?).

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,146  
I know.
I have some work this year I dread tackling.

Didn't you already blast half a mountain away building your place? I'd think you eat rocks for breakfast. :laughing:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,147  
After a few days of rain earlier in the week and with the wind cooperating I decided to burn a brush pile that had been in the making for awhile. The grapple and landscape rake sure helped to keep it tidy.

Attachments

• IMG_1048.JPG
    IMG_1048.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 217
  • IMG_1049.JPG
    IMG_1049.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 198
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,148  
After a few days of rain earlier in the week and with the wind cooperating I decided to burn a brush pile that had been in the making for awhile. The grapple and landscape rake sure helped to keep it tidy.

Same here...finally burned a large brush pile. Body count: 1 six foot black snake and several rodents. Hate that the snake didnt make it out.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,149  
pulled out a dead dogwood today that for some unknown reason did not survive a mild winter. Japanese maple planted when finished.
Then I planted seven more trees and finished by pulling my water wagon with my restored Cub Cadet.

Attachments

• DSCN0587.JPG
    DSCN0587.JPG
    520.5 KB · Views: 139
  • DSCN0588.JPG
    DSCN0588.JPG
    553.8 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0180[1].JPG
    IMG_0180[1].JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 168
  • DSCN0594.JPG
    DSCN0594.JPG
    553.5 KB · Views: 167
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,150  
My "seat time" was skidding these rail road ties out of thick brush where I was storing them,

standard.jpg

I needed them, to build a new "base" to stack lumber on, for air drying.

SR