TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,331  
Nice patio, how about some pics of the build?

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,332  
I do all the grass cutting for a customer/friend, and that was my seat time for today,

standard.jpg

SR

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,333  
Re-upped my vows with my BX this afternoon. Been considering a B but after having to take my QA bucket off just to squeeze in a tight spot to re do our front garden using the BH. I realized I'm still in love.
IMG_9889.JPG IMG_9891.JPG

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,334  
Having a small SCUT to get in and around flower beds has always had my eye, but not my wallet. Today I have to fill a FEL bucket full of mulch and maneuver my L around drainage pipes and other lawn hazards delivering the mulch to border gardens where the mulch washed away in a recent gullywasher.

I have a good friend who has successfully fought serious cancer, which has left him weaker but still a landscaper at heart. He does a great deal of flower bed mulching with a plain wheelbarrow, so I got him a rechargeable motorized wheelbarrow recently that he absolutely loves. I would see the BX as a big version of that in my dreams. It was a big leap for me to get a second tractor; quite sure I can't justify a third. Not that I don't look at the trade in area at the Kubota dealer...

I had neck surgery last week and should be sitting in a recliner. So of course I was out mowing roadsides with the Kubota in the nice a/c cab yesterday, which went well until the very end when the original serpentine belt on the LP 84 mower let loose. Boy that's mowing terribly...look under there and yup, belt in pieces. 5 years old, maybe 200 hours. Made sure I got the kevlar version to replace it; hope to get more hours than that.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,335  
Having a small SCUT to get in and around flower beds has always had my eye, but not my wallet. Today I have to fill a FEL bucket full of mulch and maneuver my L around drainage pipes and other lawn hazards delivering the mulch to border gardens where the mulch washed away in a recent gullywasher.

I have a good friend who has successfully fought serious cancer, which has left him weaker but still a landscaper at heart. He does a great deal of flower bed mulching with a plain wheelbarrow, so I got him a rechargeable motorized wheelbarrow recently that he absolutely loves. I would see the BX as a big version of that in my dreams. It was a big leap for me to get a second tractor; quite sure I can't justify a third. Not that I don't look at the trade in area at the Kubota dealer...

I had neck surgery last week and should be sitting in a recliner. So of course I was out mowing roadsides with the Kubota in the nice a/c cab yesterday, which went well until the very end when the original serpentine belt on the LP 84 mower let loose. Boy that's mowing terribly...look under there and yup, belt in pieces. 5 years old, maybe 200 hours. Made sure I got the kevlar version to replace it; hope to get more hours than that.

Hi Drew, I see my BX as a super workhorse. I know I can't get around the garage and house in tight spaces with anything bigger... unfortunately as I love power. Yes it takes a little or maybe a lot longer on big jobs, depending on the equipment you are comparing it to... but my comparison is, the BX I own with FEL and BH and it is two minutes away from causing damage. Something bigger won't fit many of my needs so it is either a rental or a second machine.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,336  
Re-upped my vows with my BX this afternoon. Been considering a B but after having to take my QA bucket off just to squeeze in a tight spot to re do our front garden using the BH. I realized I'm still in love.
View attachment 515152 View attachment 515153

I see your Xmas lights are still up.

Man after my own heart.

*Ok, mine are actually down, but I do wait until spring thaw before I try to set a ladder against the side of the house.

:laughing:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,337  
I see your Xmas lights are still up.

Man after my own heart.

*Ok, mine are actually down, but I do wait until spring thaw before I try to set a ladder against the side of the house.

:laughing:
Yeah they are all down except across my front where it is difficult to reach. I'm trying to get away with leaving up and so far the better half hasn't said anything this year! I think she is getting used to them. I see I knocked a few off the hooks though. :laughing:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,338  
Had some pretty high winds blow through last night. Neighbor had a few big limbs down so I called him up to see if me and the boy could be of any help. (The neighbor is a 75yo farmer that raises cattle) we get there to find there's a really big branch down in back, right across his wife's car... no serious damage but it's barely hanging on to the tree & if it comes loose it's going to be a big deal... this is what we found IMG_3434.JPGIMG_3435.JPG

It was rather precarious at the top, he put his JDs FEL under it to brace it while I removed whatever didn't seem to be bearing weight, then I pulled my Kubota L-47 in to lift the other side
IMG_3436.JPG

With the branch off the car we attached a chain and pulled it clear with an ATV the lowered the branch. Can't tell from pics but the branch was about 20" diameter where it broke IMG_3439.JPG

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,339  
Had some pretty high winds blow through last night. Neighbor had a few big limbs down so I called him up to see if me and the boy could be of any help. (The neighbor is a 75yo farmer that raises cattle) we get there to find there's a really big branch down in back, right across his wife's car... no serious damage but it's barely hanging on to the tree & if it comes loose it's going to be a big deal... this is what we found View attachment 515236View attachment 515237

It was rather precarious at the top, he put his JDs FEL under it to brace it while I removed whatever didn't seem to be bearing weight, then I pulled my Kubota L-47 in to lift the other side
View attachment 515238

With the branch off the car we attached a chain and pulled it clear with an ATV the lowered the branch. Can't tell from pics but the branch was about 20" diameter where it broke View attachment 515239
Ouch but it doesn't look as bad as it could have been.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,340  
Yesterday's seat time was refinishing the dooryard with the LPGS. Took a number of passes with the shanks down to get the surface broken up. The staymat was almost like concrete

f5oAZm3.jpg