TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,341  
Nice. Looks like you put some time into that, and that it paid off.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,342  
Nice. Looks like you put some time into that, and that it paid off.

Spent a couple hours. The longest part is the final passes to get a smooth finish. With the LPGS flush the material just randomly spills over the back blade so there are drops of material everywhere.

Using the top n tilt I extend the top link to lift the front blade off the ground along with the front edge of the rear blade then do slow passes so all the material flows under the blade and is smoothed by the back edge. Takes a while but leaves a great finish.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,343  
VT/NH known for growing rocks better than potatoes. ;)

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,344  
Had some pretty high winds blow through last night. Neighbor had a few big limbs down so I called him up to see if me and the boy could be of any help. (The neighbor is a 75yo farmer that raises cattle) we get there to find there's a really big branch down in back, right across his wife's car... no serious damage but it's barely hanging on to the tree & if it comes loose it's going to be a big deal... this is what we found View attachment 515236View attachment 515237

It was rather precarious at the top, he put his JDs FEL under it to brace it while I removed whatever didn't seem to be bearing weight, then I pulled my Kubota L-47 in to lift the other side
View attachment 515238

With the branch off the car we attached a chain and pulled it clear with an ATV the lowered the branch. Can't tell from pics but the branch was about 20" diameter where it broke View attachment 515239

That is one very fortunate car! It might want to buy a lottery ticket... and a beer for the men with the tractors and chainsaws!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,345  
That is one very fortunate car! It might want to buy a lottery ticket... and a beer for the men with the tractors and chainsaws!

I was thinking that next time they oughta just dig out from under the car to rescue it. 😉

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,346  
Almost all of my seat time today was, mowing mowing and mowing some more! lol

standard.jpg

I do like my Grasshopper mower, but just like anything else, after a while it just becomes a job...

SR

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,347  
Spent a couple hours. The longest part is the final passes to get a smooth finish. With the LPGS flush the material just randomly spills over the back blade so there are drops of material everywhere.

Using the top n tilt I extend the top link to lift the front blade off the ground along with the front edge of the rear blade then do slow passes so all the material flows under the blade and is smoothed by the back edge. Takes a while but leaves a great finish.

I looked at that and thought...I'd never get it that smooth. Nice job.
That stone looks like what we call here ABC Crusher Run. I like the name Stayput though...

My elderly farmer neighbor came over last week and asked me to disc his fields, his old JD could no longer do it. First time I did this
I pulled his old disc with my Massey, second time with the Kubota. Kubota had way more grip due to 4wd and lots of weight in front.
Plus the a/c was wonderful... but one area had old hills more than a foot tall and several times I could not avoid going "against the grain" and got
bounced around pretty good. So good one of my oem orange plastic turn signal covers suffered plastic fatigue and the plastic around the two screws just
failed. Never saw anything like that, no exterior damage at all. And I was going pretty slow due my neck problems. 55 dollars later for a small piece of
extruded plastic. wow I almost said no thank you and left my nicely taped on cover just where it was but then I just groaned and bought it.
Wish I could go back out and finish his place but a thyroid operation last week put a two inch hole in my neck so for sure I'm not bouncing around on any tractors
for awhile. Roadside mowing in the a/c, this I can do, and did a few days ago. It's so hot and muggy out these days it's not very motivating to go out and do much; I'm usually
soaked and done by noon. 105 heat indexes

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,349  
My seat time today, was moving/delivering loads of "big bales" with my NEW PJ trailer, 11 bale loads,

standard.jpg

I built this hitch for the 3 point out of "scrap" I found in my steel pile, it makes hooking and unhooking the trailer in the field, really fast...

standard.jpg

SR

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,350  

I looked at that and thought...I'd never get it that smooth. Nice job.
That stone looks like what we call here ABC Crusher Run. I like the name Stayput though...

Its my favorite material to use. 3/4" and smaller gravel mixed with fines. Packs down to a near concrete finish after a few rains and being driven on, yet fairly easy to grade up and redistribute