TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,801  
I bought a log loader and it is AMAZING how much work I do with that machine. The ability to pick something up without fuss, is really a game-changer on my farm. Haybales, rafters, engines out of bulldozers...

Todays seat time was a half-day finishing up a load of hardwood pulp, then bulldozing one of my logging roads (1/2 mile) to said load of pulp so one of my truck drivers can go up and pick it up. It was a good day, but enough rattling around on frozen ground for one day.

Attachments

• DSCN4264.JPG
    DSCN4264.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 213
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,802  
Sounds like a good stroke of work today BrokenT. What do you have for snow over there in Down East Maine. We have 12 to 16 with one of those maddening crusts on top where you take six or eight steps on top and then you brake thru into dry meal. The tractor has to grind its way thru if it is not packed trail.

gg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,803  
Sounds like a good stroke of work today BrokenT. What do you have for snow over there in Down East Maine. We have 12 to 16 with one of those maddening crusts on top where you take six or eight steps on top and then you brake thru into dry meal. The tractor has to grind its way thru if it is not packed trail.

gg

It is just that way where the snow drifted in, in the woods it is not that bad. We got 6 inches of new snow yesterday, but it was warm today and is suppose to rain on Monday so back to no snow.

I can log pretty easily up to about knee deep, but get frustrated after that. When the snow gets up to my waist, I start sputtering. I still work, but life is VERY hard.

I just saw my trucker go by with the load of hardwood pulp. Too dark to see how the load looked on the truck, but it was a load that is all that counts.

As a side note, I am getting used to logging with my little bulldozer again. I grew up logging with a bulldozer, and for whatever reason, prefer it over a skidder. A skidder is faster of course, and easier, but I just like bulldozer logging.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,804  
The snow IS a pain, yet I will take it over rain and mud this time of year. I am thankful however, that last weekend's rain wasn't snow... I only have about a month's supply of food on hand. ;)

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,805  
Man I wish I had a set of forks for stuff like that. Forks are high on my priority list !

gg
My life changed when I bought Jery's QA and adjustable forks for my BX. Glad I got the adjustable vs. fixed too! I switch back and forth between my bucket and forks in less than a minute. The adjustable spacing has proved to be worth it as well for mini pallets and other odd lifts.

Tach-N-Go + INNOVATIVE ATTACHMENTS

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,807  
Cat Fever, great pics as always. I looked at the first pic, scratched my head (I have a FEL man lift for tree pruning of my trees) and asked myself how did he get up there? Ah, the second pic had your helper. And you built your own, very impressive. Not quite to OSHA standards....;) but it clearly got the job done.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,808  
spent three hours on a sunny high 50's day dethatching the lawn and making a giant mess.
Will hook up the tracvac tomorrow and suck it all up after it's dried out. I don't even use a lot of fertilizer and the lawn
gets badly thatched. So each year I go through this and it seems to help. Fields were simply too wet to go out and fertilize and disc.
That I will probably do tomorrow. Onions go in Feb 1, need to have about two acres ready to go by then. Well, not for the onions.

inexpensive tine dethatcher that could be pulled by most anything, I put a bucket of sand on top for a little more weight.

Attachments

• IMG_0496[1].JPG
    IMG_0496[1].JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 135
Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,809  
Used my forks to set barn trusses.
20060818_MD_home_barn_006.jpg20060728_MD_home_barn_009.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,810  
Cat Fever, not only are your pictures always nice but your tractor looks great. As I'm headed out to fertilizer and disc today, my Kubota with a LP disc on back looks a lot like yours. I have a 20 24's.
Though not as shiny. In 4wd that should pull that disc nicely. My Kubota is the same weight and very close in power to my larger Massey, and the 4wd just romps over 2wd after I fill my FEL bucket with dirt. It is fun at times to see if it can "do it" in 2wd. On my Massey, well, there's the diff lock...or raise the disc which is usually a better idea. Nothing but sand here, no rocks at all, but some clay. Probably a little easier going than your soil. Plus you have a little more power than I do. Nice looking tractor. And Utah has the most amazing scenery.