standard.jpg

and getting it all milled up into some nice wide boards,

standard.jpg

And here's the lumber tally,

standard.jpg

I also moved some boxes of firewood to the house,

standard.jpg

SR
I'm just curious; why are all of the logs which you show older and dry? Is there some advantage that way or do you just stockpile them until you have time to saw them?

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,852  
I'm just curious; why are all of the logs which you show older and dry? Is there some advantage that way or do you just stockpile them until you have time to saw them?
NO advantage, they should be milled ASAP after cutting them out of the tree...

EXCEPT, when you are waiting for some spalting to occur in your logs. (which I like a lot)

I'm just cleaning up the old logs that have been around here for a while, getting them all milled and on stickeres.

SR

Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,853  
No pics, but cleared the paltry amount of snow we got from my driveway and parking area. Only a few inches, but with the wind it was starting to drift in places.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,854  
Cat Fever, not only are your pictures always nice but your tractor looks great. As I'm headed out to fertilizer and disc today, my Kubota with a LP disc on back looks a lot like yours. I have a 20 24's.
Though not as shiny. In 4wd that should pull that disc nicely. My Kubota is the same weight and very close in power to my larger Massey, and the 4wd just romps over 2wd after I fill my FEL bucket with dirt. It is fun at times to see if it can "do it" in 2wd. On my Massey, well, there's the diff lock...or raise the disc which is usually a better idea. Nothing but sand here, no rocks at all, but some clay. Probably a little easier going than your soil. Plus you have a little more power than I do. Nice looking tractor. And Utah has the most amazing scenery.

Thanks Drew,
Trust me, my tractor is really dirty most of the time. It gets that way when I spend any amount of time doing this.

DSCN2956.JPG

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,856  
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,857  
Very nice. That is a nice photo!! Wallpaper Quality for sure. Congratulations!

Thanks BT I'll tell my bride, she takes most of the pictures.

If this dry weather holds out a little longer I will start seeding. This is from last year.

DSCN2845.JPG
DSCN2848.JPG