TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,361  
Drilled in a couple of railroad ties to make a calf loading area more secure. After fighting 6 calves (and loosing) I told my brother we need to improve his system. Next time will be much better. :thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,362  
Drilled in a couple of railroad ties to make a calf loading area more secure. After fighting 6 calves (and loosing) I told my brother we need to improve his system. Next time will be much better. :thumbsup:
You should fight them one at a time. :laughing:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,364  
We did that a few days ago.
A calf was born and while it's small and not so fast we decided to ear tag it and give the shots. No problem catching the calf, my brother was holding the calf and telling me to always keep the calf between yourself and the mother. While telling me that, mamma cow decided she's had enough. Ran right over her calf and was into my brother then coming at me. She chased me around the side by side. In all the years we have dealt with cow's, this is the first time one actually made an all out charge without faking. We ended up chasing them down and grabbing the calf, pulling it into the side by side and I gave it's shots and tagged it while mom was chasing us. My wife found the whole thing very funny. She was on the ground laughing as hard as possible. :laughing: While trying to separate them I did run the side by side into a brand new gate. It needed that bent look to make it look used.:D There are about 50 new calves and 2 more to go.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,365  
You should fight them one at a time. :laughing:

They were only 300 pound calves. That's only 3 calves a piece.

We won in the end, they were loaded and on their way to Nevada.:thumbsup: I think we were more tired than them though.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,366  
Been busy here, as of late... work and weather put a real damper on tractor time. Rain daily for the past week and a half. Wife and kids been keeping up with yard stuff, but tractor chores out beyond land on my plate.

Talk of doing the hay at my parents this year, so I drug Dad's ol MF32 sickle mower up to our house to get it ready, not been used in 5+ years, and was having issues then. Will get a new pitman arm, drive belts, and about 10 ledger plates on the knife guards need replaced.

I've been trying to brush hog our overgrown fields below the barn as I can, last mowed in 2015. Amazing how much trash brush grows up in that time. Other fields behind the house were the focus last summer, which I want to go over this year as well, to not loose what I have gained. Want to focus on areas that can be hay producing fields, and leave the steep rough sections go for now. If I can keep the hay field areas mowed off 2x this summer and next, we might get hay of them worth feeding in 2020.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,367  
I have been super busy doing tractor stuff.

I was finally able to clean up after the loggers so that my field can be hayed. It has branches and sticks probably 4 feet deep scattered over an acre where they had used the field as a logging yard and brought out and delimbed the trees. What a mess. I was not sure I could even clean it up with my Kubota, but did not want to spend money hauling in the big dozer for what would be a 20 minute job. In the end I was able to push some of the brush out of the way, then burn the rest. I also graded it, picked up sticks, and right before a night or rain, was able to seed it down.

In the meantime I have been working on one of my heavy haul roads. A logging truck skidded off one of my heavy haul roads this winter during an ice storm, so I stringed the entire road and set grade for any dips in the road. It was not much, just three inches lower then it should have been, but over 400 feet, a person can see the dip. I have been using my log trailer fitted with the dump body to haul gravel out of my pit to fill in the low spots. It has taken time, but looks a lot better.

When my log trailer is not hauling gravel, it has been loading logs for a friend who has been sawing lumber for his house.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,368  
I have been super busy doing tractor stuff.

I was finally able to clean up after the loggers so that my field can be hayed. It has branches and sticks probably 4 feet deep scattered over an acre where they had used the field as a logging yard and brought out and delimbed the trees. What a mess. I was not sure I could even clean it up with my Kubota, but did not want to spend money hauling in the big dozer for what would be a 20 minute job. In the end I was able to push some of the brush out of the way, then burn the rest. I also graded it, picked up sticks, and right before a night or rain, was able to seed it down.

In the meantime I have been working on one of my heavy haul roads. A logging truck skidded off one of my heavy haul roads this winter during an ice storm, so I stringed the entire road and set grade for any dips in the road. It was not much, just three inches lower then it should have been, but over 400 feet, a person can see the dip. I have been using my log trailer fitted with the dump body to haul gravel out of my pit to fill in the low spots. It has taken time, but looks a lot better.

When my log trailer is not hauling gravel, it has been loading logs for a friend who has been sawing lumber for his house.

Wow, and you do all that with six tractors? I just bet they are the prettiest models too...:D
Must be that pine air.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,370  
Mowed 4.5 acres with the JDX300 then got the Honda out to haul around my weadeater. Had to finish the ditches before they got too thick.
20180519_093328.jpg20180519_093347.jpg20180519_093342.jpg20180519_093345.jpg