used mulching machines

/ used mulching machines #1  

juststarting

Tractor
still looking
Does anyone know where I could look for a used skidsteer/mulchhead combo. The reason I ask is this is very new to my area ( known that I know of ) and I would like to see if it will fly. I truly believe it will but it is to get the creditors convinced...Thanks...

/ used mulching machines
thanks, I am still looking into all this stuff. I started about 8 to 10 months ago. So many different types, but none in my area. the work is definitely here, I just have to get it introduced. reading this site and discussions has helped alot. Thanks again. There is an equipment show here tomorrow I am going to for some more info I hope. I have talked to a few salesmen like Bobcat and they really didn't know what I was talking about til they looked it up. Could you send me the info on your machine?

/ used mulching machines #4  
here ya go

Attachments

• FTX140.pdf
    159.2 KB · Views: 542
   / used mulching machines
hello guys, I was at a heavy equipment show on the wekend and Bradco was there with thier assortment of attachments. They were offering a mulching head for 23 k so they didn't have to ship it back to Ontario. They have no real dealer around here as noone does this type of work. Is this a good Product...any concerns I should be aware of.. Any info is good info...

/ used mulching machines #6  
I've heard some good things on here about the magnum on here. Search or post a question in the Construction forum and you should get lots of answers.

I've been considering mulching myself (why I joined TBN) and your right, no one is running the small machines. All work here is done by hydroaxe (Asplundah) or mid size excavator run as a side business by the logging companies. Theres around 4 or 5 machines in my area that i know of. Most mulching is large plots or ROW maintenance. Asplundah has Nova Scotia power locked up. Highway is done by DOT.

Whats your opinion on the rates we can charge small homeowners in NS? I think alot of people will balk when you tell them $150 - 200 /hr. People in my area are (Central Nova) are pretty frugal (read CHEAP) and I just dont think it'll go over in my area for the rates I'd have to charge to cover my expenses.

/ used mulching machines
I definitly agree those prices will not fly around here, that is why I am looking at a used machine to keep costs down. I know that the different manufacturers are trying to get this going around here, so don't buy anything until they atleast give you a weekend demo to try and get some contracts...What I am seeing is in the construction area for building lots and different trails.( snowmobile clubs )

/ used mulching machines #8  
Have you checked with Atlantic Cat? They have sold one of their mulcher heads in my area. At least with cat you'll know that parts won't be a problem, and mulchers will definately need parts! Maybe they have a used machine or a demo for sale.

Im not sure about the snowmobile clubs, around here they can't afford to run a groomer let alone pay for mulching, unless your in CB. If you can get some developers on board you'll do ok though.

/ used mulching machines #9  
juststarting said:
I definitly agree those prices will not fly around here, that is why I am looking at a used machine to keep costs down. I know that the different manufacturers are trying to get this going around here, so don't buy anything until they atleast give you a weekend demo to try and get some contracts...What I am seeing is in the construction area for building lots and different trails.( snowmobile clubs )

If you use rental prices to calculate your fees you will see that unless you are going to forgo a salary and operate the equipment for free...$100/hour is not unreasonable...;)

Rental Prices: Daily: US $360 Weekly: US $1,440 Monthly: US $4,350