So, you wanna use your tractor commercially

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / So, you wanna use your tractor commercially
Flatheadyoungin said:
I think it is WAAAAAY past time we throw some more tea in the bay!

+1000000000000000000000000000000000

/ So, you wanna use your tractor commercially #22  
PAB_OH said:
I'm pretty sure there is no hope for me. I am eternally pessimistic.

Well, look on the bright side, you seem very optimistic about the duration of your pessimism!:D

/ So, you wanna use your tractor commercially #23  
:D :D Too funny AchingBack....

/ So, you wanna use your tractor commercially #24  
GaryCrowell said:
Then again, I choose to reside in a state where not too much attention is paid to B.S. laws like this either, my outlook might be different if I lived in a place where this type of stuff was vigoriously enforced. My first reaction would be to move to a place that is a little more friendly towards the working man.

Gary, what state do you live in? Some of us might want to move there. Here in the P.R. of Michigan we don't to my knowledge have the fee that LC has, but (in addition to rising unemployment, falling property values, and political scandals) we do have many other awful intrusive and pointless rules.

/ So, you wanna use your tractor commercially #25  
Farmwithjunk said:
Apparently all you need in Kentucky is a pair of bib overalls and 3 or 4 teeth, 'cause I've seen more'n one example out on our roadways! ;)
:D :D :D :D :D

/ So, you wanna use your tractor commercially #26  
I don't want to get on this soap box again, but several years ago I built a hunting cabin on my own property in one of the poorest and most backwards counties in this state. Suffice it to say that bureaucratic, red tape, permiting, licensing, inspection head aches and endless fees very nearly made me give the whole thing up. It was unbelievable what I had to go through.

I didn't think I'd ever get a septic permit......and yet, two miles down the road there was house with no plumbing. Wonder where that septic material went? And yes, I'm downstream.

/ So, you wanna use your tractor commercially #27  
N80...maybe the first mistake was assuming you owned it :) I think at best youre just a renter. I bet if you made a fuss about your neighbors system youd be told it was 'grandfathered'. :)

/ So, you wanna use your tractor commercially #28  
jimg said:
N80...maybe the first mistake was assuming you owned it :)

That's what my B-I-L said. He owns a large farm next to my property. He says we just rent it from the government. He's quite right. Which is sad.

I had a civil engineer tell me something that made me look at things a little different. He says we consider this the land of the free and yet, when you look at our laws, we're one of, if not the most, regulated countries on earth.

And there are far greater thinkers than I who believe that the right to own, (really own) private property is the most important and most foundational aspect that sets this country apart from the rest of the socialized world and which is the basis for all of our basic freedoms. I tend to agree with them. But what are we to make of the fact that when we step back and consider how it is that we own a machine or plot of earth or home and then come to the conclusion that we are mere renters?

/ So, you wanna use your tractor commercially #29  
>>That's what my B-I-L said. He owns a large farm next to my
>>property. He says we just rent it from the government. He's
>>quite right. Which is sad.
Yes, sad, very sad. Even worse is we all gave our nod to it for what seemed to be the best of reasons at the time -- a self inflicted wound.

/ So, you wanna use your tractor commercially #30  
So, back to the initial subject. Brian, it seems CO must be singular or almost so in their tax on off road commercial vehicles. Ive never heard of such a thing. How long has this been on the books?

When I read you post I wondered why you took the officers word for it. Ive found they can be wrong from time to time. Did you research it for yourself and are convinced it really applies to you? Just wondered...

Status
Not open for further replies.