Tractor Position At Rest

/ Tractor Position At Rest #21  
Like everyone else, all components down on the ground with all hydraulic pressure relieved, for both safety and mechanical reasons. And my FEL has almost none of its inner cylinders (The chromed parts) exposed when in this position. I currently park my tractor indoors but was parking it outside most of last year. I never found any drowned chipmunks, and some water in the bucket was a non-issue for me.

/ Tractor Position At Rest #22  
My loader tractor live mostly outside as well.. My buckets have a 1/4" drain hole itnhe edges so that if it does collect water.. it quickly drains.

If you add a hole.. paint it good to prevent rust there.

soundguy

N80 said:
That's a good idea. I like to keep my bucket flat so it doesn't fill up with water. My tractor stays outdoors, and I'm away for weeks at a time. But that does leave a few inches of cylinder rod exposed. A quick shot of lithium grease would help protect them.

But! I'm bound and determined to build my shed in the next month. Plan on laying it out this weekend and marking hole locations. If my B-I-L isn't available with his PHD I'll be digging them by hand! Twelve 3' deep holes in clay. BTDT. Can do it again if I have to.

/ Tractor Position At Rest
OK, Well thats exactly what I thought as well. I always keep everything on the ground. Thanks for all the input.

I think the biggest issue here is the saftey factor of leaving the FEL or implement in the air.

/ Tractor Position At Rest #24  
dtd24 said:
OK, Well thats exactly what I thought as well. I always keep everything on the ground. Thanks for all the input.

I think the biggest issue here is the saftey factor of leaving the FEL or implement in the air.

That's what TBN is for. Ask the question, and get everyone's opinion. We all like to give our opinion...:D

/ Tractor Position At Rest #25  
On my little massey, everything is down, at the farm, the 175 allis things are mostly down, bucket curled down but about 4" off of the ground. reason, tractor starts hard and at times needs to be drug to get lit off, 4" is mostly down but you can still get a chain under it. If there is any weight on the bucket, the bucket will get put on the ground, but thats the only way. The allis has over 4.5k hrs on her and has had a loader on from day one. Have never done these things for safty reasons, except that it hurts like heck to bang your shins on loader forks if left up to high.

DuaneW.