compact tractors are amazing

/ compact tractors are amazing #1  

frank_f15

Super Member, Rest in Peace
Tractor
kubota b2400- R4 tires
Last oct. i had a new septic system installed, new tank, sand filter and drain line. when contractro was done the best he could do was use the backhoe bucket to level, machine was too heavy to drive on to sand filter or tank. so he did the best he could with the hoe bucket. then it all settled over the winter. looked like a moon scape so todayjust becuse it has been nice for a few days and dried out enough to play ( i mean work) i staterd to smoth it out with my b2400, just a fel and back blade and it is amazing what i could do in1 hour. for sure it needs more work and more dirt(which i have to get) but it is still amazing waht i was able to do. won't be able to do much for the next few weeks as it is going to rain for a few days then i am going on vac. for a week, then it wwill be grass cutting time, so the grading and seeding project will take some time, but with out the tractor it would be impossible. i just needed some seat time/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif and it was fun.
BTW THE WORK I DID TODAY IS ANOTHER TESTEMENT FOR THE HST. made it so easy to go forward, then back then creep and feather the fel, also this was a good place to use the position control., and 4wd made it a snap. guess what i am trying to say is hydo, 4wd, pc, ps all makes for an easier job. just wanted to share my thoughts!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ compact tractors are amazing #2  
Good to hear your successes Frank! I've been pretty amazed as well at what I can accomplish (even with my GST /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif ) Do you have a landscape rake? If not, you'll be truly amazed what it can do once you're done with the "rough" work. Even a light pass after seeding to work the seeds in a bit /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif