Augering

/ Augering #1  

johnk

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota GST Grand L3130 w/ 723 loader, Ags
Had a day off today and did a little project for a guy who wanted to expand his fenced in area for his miniature horses. It was a nice day but the Black Flies were sure nibbling. Put in 22 holes in about 40 minutes. Didn't even bust a shear pin which is a first.....
AugerJob4-25-2008001.jpg

AugerJob4-25-2008003.jpg

AugerJob4-25-2008004.jpg

AugerJob4-25-2008005.jpg

AugerJob4-25-2008002.jpg

Another Great Day Off!!!

/ Augering #2  
You wanna come down here to Pa for a day? I have a rental skid steer behind my house to dig the footers for my front porch posts. It took me about 5 minutes to figure out how to move the thing. Any pointers for doing this? What happens when you hit a good sized rock? It's gonna be a fun day tomorrow.

/ Augering
Just go slooow. Go down about a half foot at a time and bring the auger up to clear the flights. Keep doing that till you reach the max depth. Work slowly with the rpm's and you'll get more done and break less shear pins. If you feel it bogging, lift it out of the hole while it's still spinning and keep going. If you hit a rock take a pry bar and try to chisel through it. Once the auger gets a bite if the rock isn't to big it will pull the pieces out the top of the hole. Pictures of your project are welcome... Good luck and don't lose any sleep. All will be well.

John