b7100 3 point hitch speed valve question

/ b7100 3 point hitch speed valve question #1  

stubbornrichard

i have not used my 3 point in many years but i tried lowering it the other day and with a full load on it it took a good 5 minuits to go all the way down, it was always slow but not this slow, so i think there is some kind of speed valve? no? i cannot find it, and im not shure but has anyone else had trouble with the kubota shop manuals and there bad quality picture prints? its bugging me more and more now because i think for 80 and some dollars it should be a little more clear :(

/ b7100 3 point hitch speed valve question #2  
The lowering speed can be changed. The adjusting bolt and locknut are just below and to the right of the right seat support when looking at the tractor from the rear.:D

Send me your email address and I'll send you a PDF manual thats readable.:D

/ b7100 3 point hitch speed valve question #3  
   / b7100 3 point hitch speed valve question #4  
Yeah, Kubota's have the important or adjustable stuff painted yellow. I remember mine being yellow under all the grease and stuff. That 3 point will pick up about 500 lb, if I recall. It would almost pick up my bush hog. I had to grab the top link and add about 40 lb of pull from the seat if I wanted it up high.

Heavy loads on it will strip the splined shaft, so be careful. It is not fun to be over your head in puckerbushes and have the bush hog sitting at 90 degrees off axis from the tractor with nothing touching the ground.