Where to buy Calcium Carbonate?

/ Where to buy Calcium Carbonate?
SPYDERLK said:
Suggest you use water for a dry run. I had to modify that tool with a tube extending internally into the tire from the breather connection in order to prevent leakage from the breather while filling. I guess you could, instead, plumb the leakage back to the supply. Anyway, no problem spilling water, and youve got the climate to use it. If you dont need every bit of weight possible, the convenience of water wins.
larry

I think this is the plan I'm sticking with. From what I've read the cal cloride is less corosive that water. With my small tires probably not worth the trouble to find/buy for a few extra pounds.

Thanks,
Rob

Soundguy said:
And to answer the posters question.. you can get the caco3 in the school supply section of your favorite office supply or kids store. Crayola, dixon, hansen, and irwin are popular makers... :rolleyes:

soundguy

wiseguy!! :D :D :D At least you collected 1 additional post!!

wedge40 said:
rimguard only sells to merchants right, or can individuals purchase it?

Wedge

As I think others posted...don't think so. And if I've see the calcium stuff going for $189 a tire!! Rim guard has to be really expensive!!

Thanks,
Rob

/ Where to buy Calcium Carbonate? #14  
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPYDERLK
Suggest you use water for a dry run. I had to modify that tool with a tube extending internally into the tire from the breather connection in order to prevent leakage from the breather while filling. I guess you could, instead, plumb the leakage back to the supply. Anyway, no problem spilling water, and youve got the climate to use it. If you dont need every bit of weight possible, the convenience of water wins.
larry

RobJ said:
I think this is the plan I'm sticking with. From what I've read the cal cloride is less corosive that water. With my small tires probably not worth the trouble to find/buy for a few extra pounds.

Thanks,
Rob
Im not sure what youve said here,so Ill just correct the statement that Im sure I understand. CaCl is more corrosive than water.
larry

/ Where to buy Calcium Carbonate? #15  
RobJ said:
wiseguy!! :D :D :D At least you collected 1 additional post!!

Hey... he wanted to know where to buy chalk.. I gave him the answer ;).. it's what we do here.. I don't care what he does with the chalk.. that's his deal :rolleyes:

( 2 posts now :) )

soundguy

Soundguy said:
Hey... he wanted to know where to buy chalk.. I gave him the answer ;).. it's what we do here.. I don't care what he does with the chalk.. that's his deal :rolleyes:

( 2 posts now :) )

soundguy

"He" is "me"!! :D

SPYDERLK said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPYDERLK
larry

Im not sure what youve said here,so Ill just correct the statement that Im sure I understand. CaCl is more corrosive than water.
larry

Translation...I'm sticking with straight water. :D

PaulChristenson said:
A few more threads like this and you will be rivaling Soundguy for posting numbers...:rolleyes:

Catch Soundguy...??? hahahahahahahahaha That's not even a dream that can happen, I don't have that much free time. :) :D ;0 :p

/ Where to buy Calcium Carbonate? #20  
I had my tires filled with Rimguard when I bought it. $ 200 for the rear pair.