Why I only drive my tractor to church on Sundays....

/ Why I only drive my tractor to church on Sundays.... #11  
Maybe he needed a designated dedicated beverage holder so could have both hands in control. A little more faith may have helped as well.

/ Why I only drive my tractor to church on Sundays.... #12  
When I was in high school took the Oliver 1850 to town when we couldn't get out due to a heavy (for West Texas) snow. Friend of mine hopped on and we proceeded to cut donuts in the city park. We proceeded to knock off the top of a riser and so I fled town back to the farm thinking as a 16 year old would that no one would notice that stream of water 15 foot in the air.

City maintenance man caught up with my pardner (he lived in town) and started chewing his @#$ out about the riser. My pard said we didn't do it but the maintenance man said we were the only fools on a green tractor hot rodding around town in the snow.

Goes to show you you don't have to be drunk or Polish to have fun on a tractor, being 16 and sober works every time.

/ Why I only drive my tractor to church on Sundays.... #13  
Tractorbeam said:
The driver needs to get on the 12 Step program.

No way - it looks like he tried too many steps already!

/ Why I only drive my tractor to church on Sundays.... #14  
Just seen an old-timer at the scrapyard on his Ford 600 yesterday. He had a trailer made from an old Ford truck bed loaded with scrap. I got to talkin' with him, originally thinking he worked there, being on a tractor and all. Turns out he drove the dog gone thing down there from a couple towns away. I'd put it at no less than a 40 mile round trip. He explained it wasn't a big deal, as he has a 2-range trans in it and can pull around 35 mph. :) There's only 1 road for him to take and it's a heavily traveled 55mph road.

/ Why I only drive my tractor to church on Sundays.... #15  
Up until about 1980 or so our county was dry for alcohol. I had an old relative of Irish descent who didn't really cotton to the idea of being denied his alcohol so he made do with Dr. Tischner's antiseptic from the local country store. He and the other local drunks went through that stuff by the truckloads. He had an old John Deere tractor that was his only transportation. I don't know what model, but his nephew still has it and it still runs. Anyhow, he'd drive that thing to the store virtually every day to get his antiseptic. The store was three and a half miles from his home and he'd generally be plastered by the time he left the store and headed home. My grandmother's house was halfway between the store and his house and several times he pulled up in my grandmother's yard and passed out in the seat of his tractor. Another time he rolled the tractor off the old wooden bridge (no guardrails) right below my grandmother's house. Fortunately for him he managed to jump clear and the tractor didn't end up in the creek, it ended up upside down on the creekbank. They were able to right it and pull it out of there. I can remember more than a few old timers that only had a tractor for transportation. I'm sure many of those were driven drunk quite a few times.

/ Why I only drive my tractor to church on Sundays.... #16  
The Farmer in the jail
The Farmer in the jail,
Hi-ho, the derry-o
The Farmer in the jail......

(sorry)

/ Why I only drive my tractor to church on Sundays.... #17  
FarmGeek said:
The Farmer in the jail
The Farmer in the jail,
Hi-ho, the derry-o

(sorry)

:D Don't be sorry. That was hilarious.

/ Why I only drive my tractor to church on Sundays.... #18  
FarmGeek said:
The Farmer in the jail
The Farmer in the jail,
Hi-ho, the derry-o

(sorry)

FarmGeek ............................................................. don't give up your day job !! :D

/ Why I only drive my tractor to church on Sundays.... #19  
FarmGeek said:
The Farmer in the jail
The Farmer in the jail,
Hi-ho, the derry-o

(sorry)
"The driver needs to get on the 12 Step program."
This site has some folks with a great sense of humor. I love the wit be it dry wit or something more. Thanks all for the laughs. We could have this site called TractorComedybynet at times. :)

/ Why I only drive my tractor to church on Sundays.... #20  
Maine_Polack said:
I suppose this comes under "Operating".

Sometimes these things happen when you are Polish.

I try to make it a rule to never drive my tractor to a Hootenany on Sat. nights.

The real reason he when to jail is because the SAFETY POLICE nailed him for NO ROP...:D