Kubota LA1001 FEL

/ Kubota LA1001 FEL #1  

JKS711

I have a M5400 Kubota tractor with a LA1001 loader and wanted to see if any one could offer information on exactly how to remove it from the tractor. I bought the tractor used and didn't get any manuals, guess I should order one.

I made an attempt but after unbolting all pins, attempted to put on the arms that I assume pin on and support the loader when removed but the pins were too large to fit through any of the holes in the support arms.

Next I may need to know how long the hoses need to be to remove the loader. I added a valve to run a 4n1 and replaced all the hoses from the valves to the tractor and was wondering at the time why they were longer than needed to be but found right quick when starting to lift the loader from the tractor.

Also, will I need to use a hose to complete a hydraulic circuit when the loader is removed to keep from dead heading the pump?

/ Kubota LA1001 FEL #2  
Your best bet is to get an owners manual and follow it.

In general, there are support legs that are usually under the loader frame by the bucket end. Extend them and lock in place. Lower the loader (float mode or a gentle touch) so the bottom of the bucket is flat on flat solid supported ground. 4x8' sheet of 3/4" plywood, concrete, pavers, etc. Not asphalt or gravel or plain dirt as the loader will probably sink over time and it's a real PIA to fix! For stability, have some DRY heavy stuff in the bucket.

When the loader is down and flat with the legs holding weight, remove the loader pins. Roll the bucket to lift the back end of the loader mounts free from the tractor. Shut down the tractor. Disconnect the hoses that go from the control valve (valve on loader model) to the block under the right foot area. They plug into themselves to keep the fluid clean. There is a screw to turn on the block to get the fluid flowing so it won't dead head. Turn it the correct way. Back the tractor out -- done.

This is only general, you need to get a copy of the real directions. It's actually not too bad to do, but you may have oops'ed yourself with the short hoses.

luck!

jb

/ Kubota LA1001 FEL
Thanks for the information, I have an operators manual on order and bought some longer hoses yesterday.

I had been doing all my work with the loader on but installed a 4n1 bucket that is probably 3 to 4 times heavier than the light general purpose bucket and I would like to get that extra weight off the front end when not needed.

/ Kubota LA1001 FEL #4  
What loaders other than Kubota will fit a Kubota M4700? Make and Model number?