How to clean a landscape rake?

/ How to clean a landscape rake? #31  
What about a lighter?

/ How to clean a landscape rake? #32  
I just did a similar job on several acres with a an excavator that pulled out 50+ stumps and had quite a mess to clean with my Landpride rake. I also experienced the rake getting roots, sticks, branches, etc. stuck in the tines. The backing up method into a pile worked for me inconsistently...bottom line was there are simply times when you need to hop off and pull, kick, or pry material out of your tines. When I was doing my project, I recalled a post here on TBN where someone said in essence that no matter what your attachment was when clearing land, you would need to get off your tractor and do some plain old manual labor to get the job done. Those sticks, branches, vines, etc. have an ability to work themselves into the tines in various ways...I used quite a few choice words when I did my job. Those words started with an F...but it was still a rewarding project and the rake was indispensable. Good luck...

/ How to clean a landscape rake? #33  
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer."
-- *Mark Twain*

/ How to clean a landscape rake? #34  
I've seen some gifted fabricators on this board that could take this idea and work out the geometry and materials used to make it work. Basically create a "rake cleaner" that would pivot about a fixed point (via the fixed drawbar) and use the upward motion of raising the 3 point to push down on the opposite end of the rake cleaner in order to dislodge the debris between the tines. This would eliminate the need to add additional hydraulics and keep your seat on the machine warm. If the geometry and design was right, it would also have an added benefit of making it so the rake would be more prone to slide over an obstacle you don't want to gouge or rake up when raised all of the way up in transport mode. Obviously it would involve connecting in 3 additional places each time you attached to the landscape rake in addition to the materials and time, but it's an idea.... at least it makes sense in my mind. Let me know if you guys think it would work.
Landscape Rake Cleaner.jpg

/ How to clean a landscape rake? #35  
Aguanga said:
I've seen some gifted fabricators on this board that could take this idea and work out the geometry and materials used to make it work. Basically create a "rake cleaner" that would pivot about a fixed point (via the fixed drawbar) and use the upward motion of raising the 3 point to push down on the opposite end of the rake cleaner in order to dislodge the debris between the tines. This would eliminate the need to add additional hydraulics and keep your seat on the machine warm. If the geometry and design was right, it would also have an added benefit of making it so the rake would be more prone to slide over an obstacle you don't want to gouge or rake up when raised all of the way up in transport mode. Obviously it would involve connecting in 3 additional places each time you attached to the landscape rake in addition to the materials and time, but it's an idea.... at least it makes sense in my mind. Let me know if you guys think it would work.

Excellent idea and drawing. I don't know if it would work or not but thanks for putting in the thoughts and time to come up with the idea. Good job.

/ How to clean a landscape rake? #36  
IslandTractor said:
Nice try Paul. You forgot to add two steps: 1a) convince Sig Other to carry steel I-beam frame around whatever field you are working in and anchor it firmly in soil whenever convenient for you. And, step 8), duck while driving away as Sig Other takes aim with her favorite firearm after you point to the next location she is to move the I beam.

Other than that I'd say you've solved the problem.;)

WHEELS!!...and a hydraulic lift like we have on pull type disc units...:)

No solution for #8 other than changing the combination on the gun safe...:D

/ How to clean a landscape rake?
Aguanga said:
I've seen some gifted fabricators on this board

And some elegant design concepts too. Your idea is very interesting. It is well beyond my non existent fabrication skills and would undoubtedly require a bit of practical adjustment but the concept looks great. I suppose for someone with rear hydraulics it might be possible to adapt a mechanically simpler version run by a ram or two.

/ How to clean a landscape rake? #38  
   / How to clean a landscape rake? #39  
I don't have a rake but when the spring tooth harrow gets clogged up that much we kick, stomp, backup, pull and whatever but it usually just a few pieces tangling up everything so have a 18volt long bladed reciprocating saw handy, cut a few spots then raise the hitch and proceed with kick, stomp, backup, pull and whatever and it should just fall off.....

cross my fingers.;)

/ How to clean a landscape rake?
Gittyup said:
Love the Jessica Alba Avatar:D :D :D

I thought it was his girlfriend.:cool: Now I'm not so jealous.:D