Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    Mahindra 6500 4WD

Default Hearing Protection w/Radio

What might be the latest and greatest in ear muffs with radio?

I would prefer to stick with Peltor, since they will also fit my hardhat. Their newest model is model WTD2600, with a NRR of 26. Any one using this?

That being said, I would consider another brand if the reception was superior. Like many, I live outthere.

Are these muffs/radio directional as far as reception is concerned?

Thanks, Al
    Please pay attention to what is happening to our great country. My grand children...and yours are depending on us.

Do not take freedom for granted. The freedom you enjoy...someone has paid for...

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD2320 w/R4 $21,100 w/7.16%off

Default Re: Hearing Protection w/Radio

For three years I've used an earlier model Peltor with conventional tuning and nrr of 26. I'm very happy with them.
    There's advantages to the digital tuning of the model you cite. That is digital tuning is impervious to radical temperature changes. I use to have a boom box with conventional tuning in the garage but I had to continually retune it during the winter as the temperature changed. The model you cite has preset tuning capability which is nice.
    Be aware that you can wear the headband behind your neck if you want to wear a straw hat or something.
    Eastern PA -JD2320 w/R4; 200CX w/61" bucket & Markham toothbar or JD adj forks; 46BH w/16", Imatch, ballast box & York rake-blade-scarifer, 54" front plow and trailer receiver. Case 580K w/fel+bh, mule 610XC

Tractor
    John Deere

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD2320 w/R4 $21,100 w/7.16%off

Paul, those are the ones I have also and they are Peltor with conventional (tunable capacitor) tuning. One thing I forgot to mention about those is that the frequency isn't well marked on the muffs and tuning is hit or miss. Also I bump the tuning knob too often and throw it off frequency.
    I'm seriously considering getting the digital tuning ones.
    Eastern PA -JD2320 w/R4; 200CX w/61" bucket & Markham toothbar or JD adj forks; 46BH w/16", Imatch, ballast box & York rake-blade-scarifer, 54" front plow and trailer receiver. Case 580K w/fel+bh, mule 610XC

Tractor
    John Deere

Quote Originally Posted by ragkar
    Paul, those are the ones I have also and they are Peltor with conventional (tunable capacitor) tuning. One thing I forgot to mention about those is that the frequency isn't well marked on the muffs and tuning is hit or miss. Also I bump the tuning knob too often and throw it off frequency.
    I'm seriously considering getting the digital tuning ones.

Well, I'll wait until I get your report on the digital tuning unit...

Silver Member
    Tractor
    BX23

I have the AO Safety WorkTunes™ and think they are great. With just two AA batteries’ I was doubting their longevity but found this not a problem. Well the first time use didn't last too long because I forgot to turn them off. Duh!

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Duetz DX3.70, Fendt 305LSA,260S & 205P,Kubota B6100E & 3 x B5100E & RTV900, Caterpillar 428C

The Peltor WTD2600 looks like it could be ideal.

Haven't been able to find any reference or price for these in Australia.

I'll be interested to read more about their performance and price.

http://www.aearo.com/pdf/WorkTunes_Digital_SS_1.pdf
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tractor
    Mahindra 6500 4WD

Good info. Thanks. Guess I will try a pair of the new digital muffs.
    Please pay attention to what is happening to our great country. My grand children...and yours are depending on us.

Do not take freedom for granted. The freedom you enjoy...someone has paid for...

Tractor
    2005 TB135 Excavator with Thumb, Quick Attach System, Ripper tooth, 3' Hydrauic Tilt Clean-up Bucket, Skeleton Bucket, 1986 Kubota 4150 with Loader and Quick Attach with Woods Forks, JD B, 1963 IH 504

I bought a set from Lowes that are digital. Cheap, $47 or so, but they have 3 volume levels, so occationally they are too loud. The Peltors are nice, but they don't like rain if left out by mistake overnight . Now they change channels all on their own, listening along just fine to a radio station and suddenly another station all together is coming in. Also, a Carhart jacket collar is just the right height to hit the volume, look left the volume goes up, look right and it goes down . Real pita when snowblowing.
    2009 Kubota M7040, cab
    2005 Takeuchi 135 excavator
    1963 Oshkosh 4819
    2013 GMC 3500 6.0 w 9-2 Boss V Fisher poly Sander.
    IH 504, JD B, Ford 2n, Farmall cub, Gehl 1475 Round Baler, JD 640 rake, Vermeer 2500 Bale Wrapper, Zetor 185 Drum Mower, New Idea 217 manure Spreader, Kuhn 4 star tedder, Farmi 501 winch.
    Local 740 Portland ME
    20 Scottish Highland Beef Cattle, 3 Herefords, 3 Goats, 2 Alpacas, 2 Llama, 140+- layers, and lots of maple trees.
    Facebook: Phillip View Farm

Tractor
    Mahindra 6500 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by atgreene
    I bought a set from Lowes that are digital. Cheap, $47 or so, but they have 3 volume levels, so occationally they are too loud. The Peltors are nice, but they don't like rain if left out by mistake overnight . Now they change channels all on their own, listening along just fine to a radio station and suddenly another station all together is coming in. Also, a Carhart jacket collar is just the right height to hit the volume, look left the volume goes up, look right and it goes down . Real pita when snowblowing.
    Bummer...the way I'm getting senility ...cuse, meant to say senority...It is only a matter of time.

Do the Peltors keep the station pretty steady when you're moving around, turning etc?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast