Occasional Leak - JD 3320

/ Occasional Leak - JD 3320 #1  

CT Yankee

Tractor
John Deere 3320
I have a JD 3320 ehydro with 10 hours on it. I have noticed an occasional drop of oil (not a large amount) on the floor mid tractor to the rear. Mostly when I utilize the rear 3pt lift or by a valve. Is this common with these tractors...I've been told they all have drips here and there from time to time. Any advice...MJF

/ Occasional Leak - JD 3320 #2  
Hmm..I would say it shouldn't "leak" at all--especially at any connected joint. But, drips are common at the hydraulic quick connects--always seems to be a couple of drops that flow out when you disconnect and find the floor after awhile. Have you noticed the leak after you have disconnected and connected the quick connects? (3rd SCV at the rear, loader connections etc) If not--I would suggest having a closer look for actually leaking spots (sometimes you will see white paint where connections have been tightened--and if they aren't lined up you may want to check for tightness).

/ Occasional Leak - JD 3320 #3  
I would agree.. unplugging/plugginh in a scv.. and you are bound to get a few spilled drops of oil.. even if it does take them all night to find the bottom of the tractor, and the shop floor.

soundguy