Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota Grand L4740, B2400 and F2680

Default Re: Get the CAB!

Quote Originally Posted by stimpee
    I honestly have no idea how, if I had a cab on my tractor, I would actually go about maintaining my red neck, and my Farmer's tan!

Get two tractors. I maintain my farmer's tan, redneck and surburned knees using the B2400 to mow the 4 acre yard. Last week I was out in the pasture in the L4740. It was 90 degrees out side, dusty and buggy. Inside, I had to turn the A/C down because I was getting chilled. Man, I love that machine.

Bronze Member

It was 91 here, felt like 108, and I was working all weekend under the sun without a cab or canopy. Lots of digging and scraping the horse paddocks. Sure was hot and humid, but I survived. It feels good to get a hard day's work in, especially when you sit in an office all week

Cabs are a 10K feature that were hard for me to justify. I'll take the 10K and a deep tan over AC any day!

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B3030

While there are times when I think a cab would be nice, I like the outside feeling of working on my tractor. I am sure there are times when I may regret not getting the cab, but doubt there will be too many. My dealer would have made me a heck of a deal on the B3030 cab model too, as it has been sitting on his lot for a while.

I think my neighbors would come over and beat me up if I had one though. However in the current heat, they might drop dead of heat stroke on the way over, or I could drive around and not let them catch me, while I was cool and dry inside...

Oh well...
    Kubota B3030, 72" MMM, 403 FEL, ATI QA with ATI HD Bucket, Landpride RB1572 rear blade

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE

I have to agree with the OP. I didn't consider a cab when tractor shopping, thinking it cost too much. I really wish I had. It would have been worth the extra $$, or going down 1-2 size classes to be around the same as what I paid. Anyway...

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 5609, Kubota GS1800, eXmark LazerZ XP

I tried like crazy to talk my Dad into buying a tractor with a cab when we bought our M6800 three years ago. He didn't. Now we are trading the M6800 in on a tractor with a cab. I work a full time job with a 90 mile, round-trip commute every day. That leaves me precious little time to get all the chores that need getting done around the farm.

When I get home and its hot and humid out, some of those chores get left for another time. With the cab, it won't really matter. I can even get the arena dragged or a field hogged wearing my work clothes.

Saturday I mowed from 7:00 AM to Noon. By 10:00 it was starting to get hot. By noon, I called it quits. It hit 102 out here by 3:00 that day. I was really wishing I had cab. I've been driving a tractor for 28~ 29 years now. I've put in my open station seat time, now I want some cab seat time!

Tractor
    International 1066 with Year Round Cab, Kioti DK 45S with Cab, 451 Loader

I do a fair amount of spraying each summer and it's sure nice to be in a cab and not breathing the herbicides. I have yet to smell any spray inside the cab and even does a good job of filtering out pig manure odors when you're running through it.
    "Land management is an art that builds on history and is based in science." Herb Stoddard Sr.

Tractor
    kubota L 3540 hsdc,B 2320 hsdc & lots of other stuff!

Factory cab all the way! I wouldn't by an open station machine. Yes i know, working in the open air and all that. I ran open station machines for 20 years. Yes i miss that open air (dust) and that bond to nature (bugs), and the feeling of putting in a days work (sunburn). Get the cab!
    We have done so much, for so long,with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing!

Tractor
    Kubota M7040 cab/hyd shuttle - current, Kubota L3400 - traded

You guys are making me jealous. I used to think that people with cabs were girly men too.

Now I've realised that with limited time for chores around the farm with a full time job, it would kinda be nice to be out doing what I need to do REGARDLESS of the weather.

Next tractor - definately with a cab. Just can't justify a trade yet :-)
    Current: Kubota M7040 cab, hydraulic shuttle, Kubota M20 loader (made by ALO), LandPride RCR1872 rotary cutter, Horst bale spears & forks, Woods HB72 box blade, Kodiak 7' rake, Walco cultivator, chain harrow, Meteor 74" pull style blower

Traded: Kubota L3400, LA473 HST (300 hrs), and various attachments

Silver Member

Gotta love being a girly man!

I spent 6 hours hand chiseling out concrete around a dozen hunter heads that some moron put in the middle of a sidewalk to replace them (in 95 degrees/90% humidity).

Got pretty hot and sweaty, so took a nice cool shower and put on clean clothes. Then went out and bush hogged the pasture with the A/C and tunes, ah nice to be a girly man.

So far my GF, my neighbor, and two of my odd job guys have volunteered to do my bush hogging. I told them all that I have lots of other things they can do, but I can handle everything inside the tractor. LOL
    L5740HSTC
    BX2360

Tractor
    kubota L 3540 hsdc,B 2320 hsdc & lots of other stuff!

The grand L series cab is awesome! I have never operated a hydraulic machine with a quieter cab!
    We have done so much, for so long,with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast