The 50 club :D and pictures of the wife's driving

/ The 50 club :D and pictures of the wife's driving #1  

Kendrick

Gold Member
Tractor
DK45S(Cab)
I just broke 51 hours tonight getting 1/4? of my hay mowed. the wife was going to do that while i was at work and found a hidden drainage ditch first pass. she was a good driver and at the first sign of trouble killed the engine. the right rear was the only one on solid ground. I got to test the diff lock and 4wd when I got home. the rig was leaning about 35 deg to the left with the drawbar in the mud. L1 and paitence in reverse allowed me to push the 478 mower back while getting the tractor out of the ditch. after walking the rout we found the prevous owners formerly orange warning markers which were about as tall as my hay is :/ she missed the first 1 by an inch and about parked the unit on the 2nd one. the plus side to the ditch she could finally reach the fuel cap :p and it kep her from running it with a bad bolt which i had to go to town to replace after i got the tractor out. spent about 3-4 hrs on the tractor after work. now i get to spend next weekend trying to dunk my self in fluids. The pictures shal be forthcoming due to dsl issues.

/ The 50 club :D and pictures of the wife's driving
*Drum roll* and now for the pictures

From the road and you can see no visible ditch

[URL=http://www.linux2themax.com/~kendrick/Tractor/DCP_0792.jpg]Pic1

Facing the road only the right rear was on solid ground :eek: she got the bucket down to help stabalize things.

Pic2

Hub deep in standing water even had me geloshes on to go and insepct :D

Pic3

Here is the angle of the dangle. that camera is showing what level should be.

Pic4

wide angle

Pic5

Lift arm and drawbar grounded. the pin was in the bank

Pic6

Happy days i backed her out L1 4wd pushing the mower and was able to continue mearily on my way. :cool:

The wife proved she could safely handle a tractor emergency.
she also proved to be a bad describer :D i was glad to see the tractor was NOT doing a wheelie in the mud, rears up to the axel like her explination lead me to believe.

We nearly finished our first run of the hay field today. bailer didnt quite get going right and the thunderstorm started to rumble in so we shal see if we can get the bails working and finish the job tomorow. mulch anyone?

MikePA: Changed HUGE inline pics to links and deleted post with resized inline pics. Resizing them in another post doesn't help. Anyone who opens this thread would still have to wait for all of them to load.

/ The 50 club :D and pictures of the wife's driving #3  
Interesting photos, thanks for sharing... glad all came out OK in the end and nobody hurt! You are green, we are in a drought here. I'm envious!

those are REALLY BIG images!!!!

/ The 50 club :D and pictures of the wife's driving #4  
Kendrick.
Tell your wife for me, my hat is off to her. It is always nice to hear about married couples working together. A lot of women would not even know the first thing about a tractor not mention mow a field. My wife helped pick out our first tractor and this year we both went and picked out our new one, please note that I said OUR!. My wife uses the FEL, snow plows, uses the backhoe and is really good with a landscaping rake on the 3PH. If you drive a tractor, sooner or later you will get it stuck. You're a lucky man.

/ The 50 club :D and pictures of the wife's driving #5  
Actually Kendrick, my wife just looked at your post and my reply and said it looks like something I would have done and I would have told everybody she did it. Not true, I would NEVER do that :D Are you sure you're telling it the way it was or.....??:rolleyes: I want to hear comments from the wife!

This is Kendrick's Wife. Yes I am sad to say I did it. Ken is lucky (or unlucky) to have married a gal that was raised on a dairy farm. I was born and raised on a farm and you would think I would not be so silly to have done that, allthough the more I think about it my grandps, father, mother, uncle all had done this one time or another. I think it happens when you become older than 20. lol. But with the high (very high) grass and the unknown ditch I got stuck. It was one min I was up and going the next I was almost kissing the ground thru the tractor cab.
It has been a while since I have driven a tractor but I am slowly getting back to the ol ways. I am used to a old allas Charmers WD 40 and other monsters like that. Thanfully somehow I was able to not break anything I will not live this one down for a while. Now espically since he has put it on the web for all to see. But its somthing. If you have any more questions just ask.

/ The 50 club :D and pictures of the wife's driving #7  
Have to admit, I get stuck with ours more than my wife does but hey, I'm forever getting our ZRT mower stuck and my wife comes to the rescue with the JD. My wife grew up on a dairy farm also. Have fun and enjoy!

Gizmo I would have done it right and goter stuck so well that the logging thingy would have a rough time getting me out :D

/ The 50 club :D and pictures of the wife's driving #9  
Kendrik...you can always windrow the hay up...dry the field and then ted the hay out and still potentially get something...;)

Still waiting to cut...Since I square bale I like three days on the ground...:)