Tractor Show with Pics!

/ Tractor Show with Pics! #1  

N80

Tractor
Kubota L4400 4wd w/LA 703 FEL
This may not be the right forum for this but I think its probably okay. But today I went to a little local antique tractor in Richburg, South Carolina which is about halfway between where my house is and where my property and tractor are. The show hardly advertised at all and it was hard to find out anything about it so I had pretty low expectations.

Boy was I wrong. There was a band, fantastic local barbecue cooked on site, lots of great old and unusual tractors, and a lot of great people, many of whom I had unexpected connections with.

They had a wheat processing demonstration that was just fantastic. They had actually planted wheat months ago. Then they cut it and sheafed it with an ancient pull behind combine like thing...failed to get a picture, sorry. Then they took it over to this enormous, wicked looking thresher that they had to fiddle with constantly:

20984DSC4945-med.jpg

It threshed the wheat and put the seeds into bags and shot the hay out a pipe on the back. Then they pitched the hay into this gas powered baler which made perfect, super tight bales:

20984DSC5050-med.jpg

The guy in the blue plaid shirt is Mr. Tom Weaver. He owns all the wheat stuff and a good many of the tractors in the show. And half of the ones he didn't own, he restored for people. And what's even more amazing is that he (and/or his family) sold many of the Farmalls originally, when they were new and he restored them recently! It just so happens that his granddaughter is in my son's class in school and the two of them are pretty good friends. So I met Mr. Weaver and talked with him a while. Neat old guy.

This is a little Oliver gas powered dozer. Has a PTO on the back as well as a pulley wheel for running belt driven implements. I met the owner who was a doctor from somewhere in the midwest. A local fellow from Richburg, whose daughter is friends with my daughter, had helped build a new clinic for him and when he heard there was a tractor show down here he made the trip with the Oliver. Nice guy.

20984DSC4951-med.jpg

Finally, here is a tractor built for two:

20984DSC4948-med.jpg

I'll post some more pics later and tell you about a neat old Hart Parr tractor that was at the show.

/ Tractor Show with Pics! #3  
N80,

Thanks for the pics. That old Dozer is cool !!

Vic

/ Tractor Show with Pics!
Here is an old Hart Parr tractor with an interesting story:

20984DSC4962-med.jpg

It actually belongs to an acquaintance. I knew he had two tractors and that one of them was 'old'. I pictured an 8N or a little Farmall maybe. Well, he was there at the show and told me the Hart Parr was his. He really isn't into tractors and says it actually belongs to his 15 year old son who is apparently into tractors in a major way. He bought this machine not too long ago and one wonders why anyone would buy their 15 year old a tractor like this and pay to get it running. Well, the tractor actually belonged to his grandfather who purchased it new. The tractor had several owners locally since then but he finally tracked it down and got it back in his family.

Mr. Weaver, the old guy i mentioned before, is apparently the one who got it running again. Here he is working on the carb float, which was apparently stuck. Apparently it had to be hand carved to make a new one and the Dad of another one of my daughter's friends did that work:

20984DSC4986-med.jpg

The young man in the picture is the kid who owns it. It is hand cranked and they cranked a good many times before it finally cranked up:

20984DSC4995-med.jpg

Mr. Weaver fiddled with some levers and things and it started pooping along and then the owner hopped aboard and drove it around the grounds a few times. Neat machine.

Here is a little rear engined cultivating tractor. I think it was an A-C. There were at least 4 of these little guys. Most of them were orange. This one and one other looked to be perfectly restored. I'd never seen one before but apparently they are not rare:

20984DSC4968-med.jpg

/ Tractor Show with Pics! #6  
Great pics. One ?, is that Farmall 2 seater original factory, or someone's handywork? I ask cuz I've never seen one like that. Very nice indeed.

/ Tractor Show with Pics! #7  
Good pics, thanks for posting. I love shooting old machinery. Happened upon a similar show last year on vacation. Fun story on the Hart Parr too.

/ Tractor Show with Pics! #8  
RobS said:
Good pics, thanks for posting. I love shooting old machinery. Happened upon a similar show last year on vacation. Fun story on the Hart Parr too.

Please stay away from my stuff!!! By the way, do you normally use a rifle or a pistol??? (grin) BobG in VA

/ Tractor Show with Pics!
jjmarotz said:
Great pics. One ?, is that Farmall 2 seater original factory, or someone's handywork? I ask cuz I've never seen one like that. Very nice indeed.

I don't know, but it looked factory. Here's a pic of a little JD with two seats. The JD looked factory too but its a very simple set up so could have been a mod:

20984DSC4952-med.jpg

Here are two girls on that little JD. The redhead is the girl in my son's class. Her grandad is the one who restored many of these tractors:

20984DSC5030-med.jpg

/ Tractor Show with Pics! #10  
BobG_in_VA said:
Please stay away from my stuff!!! By the way, do you normally use a rifle or a pistol??? (grin) BobG in VA

Seriously thinking about a BushHawk, does that count?