Kubota B7100 overheating

/ Kubota B7100 overheating #11  
I wasnt clear on which bit needs explaining there RoyJackson ...

/ Kubota B7100 overheating #12  
Like everyone said..clean the rad..and maybe check the water & anti freeze mixer.

/ Kubota B7100 overheating #13  
The Yanmar guys find that it is a good idea to chemically flush the radiator every year or two. Sometimes if it is really cruddy inside it is necessary to take the radiator out and take it to a radiator shop for a serious cleaning. Also with the Yanmar thermosiphon system a 70/30 mix cools better.

Chris

/ Kubota B7100 overheating #14  
You could try evaporator/condenser & fin cleaner.

I use Cobra product and work darn well to remove dirt,grim,grass etc...from the radiator....just spray it on until it foams..let set for 5 to 15 minutes than rinse off w/water...also works great on fan blades.

/ Kubota B7100 overheating #15  
I'm repeating some here but I'd suggest checking the following:

1) Be sure the coolant level is up

2) Check/clean screen & radiator

3) Check the fan belt tightness. A loose belt will slow both the fan and pump operation.

If these easy things don't solve it, then you'll need to start opening things up. I'd check the thermostat first, then flush etc.

Good luck.

/ Kubota B7100 overheating
Thanks for all the suggestions. I purchased the tractor with 500 hours and changed all of the fluids at that time. The antifreeze is Peak (orange, permanent) at 50/50 mix. The fan belt is OK. I've been running at a little back from full throttle. Thanks for the suggestion about the nylon screen. I'll check it.

It seems like the radiator is clean, but I'll take it off and have it chemically flushed.

My basic question: should a B7100 be able to handle a 48" mower?

Thanks again.

Glen Zoerner
Texas Hill Country

/ Kubota B7100 overheating #17  
It seems like the radiator is clean, but I'll take it off and have it chemically flushed

You might want to back flush the block cooling system as well.

If this is one of the Kubota's that have no water pump, I thought the coolant/water ratio was 70/30.

/ Kubota B7100 overheating #18  
Yes your B7100 will handle a 48"mower,for I have a Kubota rear mower and no problems.

/ Kubota B7100 overheating #19  
<font color=blue>The antifreeze is Peak (orange, permanent)</font color=blue>

There is some concern about diesel engine wear due to cooling system cavitation. Some people use an anti-freeze rated for diesel service which has special additives. I don't know if it is a concern in small Kubota diesels.

Chris

/ Kubota B7100 overheating #20  
I figured that we were getting into an area of humor (or lack thereof) that only engineers could appreciate...

Kelvin