Was told my tractor was almost worthless

/ Was told my tractor was almost worthless #1  

Scotman

Tractor
Kubota ZD221
:(

I stopped by an AG implement dealer today to see if I could find a 4' shredder for my JD650. I posted about this purchase in another thread.

The dealer told me that this tractor is so small that it will not do anything well and suggested that it wouldn't even be able to handle a 4' shredder very well. I'm a bit down. I planned on running the shredder and getting a small box blade to maintain about 75 feet of gravel drive. I also planned on using it to hoist the occasional log onto my lumber mill.

I would appreciate any feedback from someone who has used a tractor this size. Is it truly too small to be of any use?

I know NOTHING about tractors. I know this one is green and runs perfect. It's been garaged its whole life. I've got $2400 including new brakes, oil, anti-freeze and seat.

Here's a picture of my little tractor.

JD650side.jpg

/ Was told my tractor was almost worthless #2  
He just wants to sell you a bigger/newer tractor. My NH is smaller than your 650 and would handle a 4' shredder. I use a box blade on mine with no problems.

edit.............your link is faulty.Add a slash to your last markup [/IMG]

/ Was told my tractor was almost worthless #3  
Yeah.... ditto what Inspector507 said. Your tractor is 14hp at the PTO... mine is 15hp at the PTO and I run a 5' brushhog! I used to have a Kubota B7300 which was 12.5hp at the PTO and I ran a 4' cutter with it. The JD 650 is by no means useless. It'll also pull a 4' boxblade and I'm sure would handle a boom pole fine. I'd just start shopping elsewhere.

/ Was told my tractor was almost worthless #4  
Go to another dealer, that salesman is a butt-head who thinks talking down your tractor will make you want to buy a bigger unit from him. At the very least go back on his day off and talk to someone else.:p

Your 650 is still worth 5-6k in good shape...it will handle a 4' rotary cutter and 4' box blade with ease.

Just look around this forum for LOTS of people with tractors that size or smaller doing unbelievable projects with them.

/ Was told my tractor was almost worthless #5  
Your tractor is not worthless. Now the ag implement dealer... that is another story. :D

/ Was told my tractor was almost worthless #6  
that tractor is in EXCELLENT shape! hold on to it! you could EASILY get $4-5,000 here and it wouldn't be for sale long in that shape at that price. get the 4' cutter and don't look back. it'll handle it.

/ Was told my tractor was almost worthless #7  
Running down a mans tractor is like kickin your dog ,spittin on your shoes or running off with your wife.:mad: Sounds like dealer is a real bonehead,wouldnt go back.Id love to have that tractor,need something just like it so i dont have to keep switchin implements
ALAN

/ Was told my tractor was almost worthless #8  
Scotman said:
:(

I stopped by an AG implement dealer today to see if I could find a 4' shredder for my JD650. I posted about this purchase in another thread.

The dealer told me that this tractor is so small that it will not do anything well and suggested that it wouldn't even be able to handle a 4' shredder very well. QUOTE]

I would look around his lot for a similar sized tractor and then ask him how he can sell worthless tractors at a premium price with a clear conscience, then tell him you're not comfortable buying from someone that sells "junk". What a dipstick!
I think for $2400 you made a great choice and got a good deal. BTW, I saw a clean 2WD 650 go for almost $4000 at auction last fall.

/ Was told my tractor was almost worthless #9  
I have a b6200 which is a kubota 15 hp tractor. It is absolutely amazing what that little tractor will do. I would have no problem at all hooking it up to a 4 foot brush hog. Actually I hooked it up to my 5 foot hot and it handled it well but the unit was a bit heavy for the tractor. When I picked up the brushhog with the 3 point it picked it up fine but the front end was lighter than I wanted to see. I have a 4 foot box blade on it and that works perfectly. I use mine like a heavy duty lawnmower and for small odds and end jobs. It works perfectly for something i dont need my 50 horse tractor to do and it is much easier to put on a trailer and take someplace.

/ Was told my tractor was almost worthless #10  
I think you have a great tractor, especially considering what you paid. It should definitely be up to the tasks you described. I too would look for another implement dealer.