Tires Whats best product for loading tires

/ Whats best product for loading tires #1  

JDeerekid

Platinum Member
Tractor
Montana 4340C w/Loader, JD GX345 w/54in. mower
I am wondering what is the best and most cost effective product to load my rear tires with.
I have a montana 4340C with a loader. I dont feel tipsy on it but I was wonder if more weight would give me better traction. Tires are R4's.

I know I don't want calcium because of corrosion. Had my ford 8n rears loaded with calcium and had to replace rim within a couple years because of small leak in tube. I heard washer fluid, water, beet juice, rim guard, and antifreeze. In the winter it does get really cold sometime below 0 so freezing will be an issue.
What other products are out there and costs? Whats cost difference between do it yourself and have it done? Easy or not DYI?

Would like to do this soon and I am going to be moving a lot of dirt to rebuild my driveway. Right now I have my tiller on for counter weight but like I said still doesn't give me the best traction without changing tires to R1's or putting chains on which I don't want to do this time of year.

Thanks

/ Whats best product for loading tires #2  
flex-foam the tires and ride 'em till they wear out--no worries of flats and alot more weight!!

/ Whats best product for loading tires
CharlieKtractor said:
flex-foam the tires and ride 'em till they wear out--no worries of flats and alot more weight!!

Foam I knew I forgot one. How much does foam weigh compared to liquid? And what is the cost difference? Does it hurt the rims over the long haul (corrosive), still able to reuse the rims when having to replace tires, which for me would be almost never since they will probably rot out before they wear out?

/ Whats best product for loading tires #4  
This is a popular debate. I worked in a tire dealership when I was younger, and we worked on a lot of heavy offroad equipment. We always just used antifreeze mixed a little weaker than you would for the radiator (maybe 1:3 to give 25% antifreeze). In Georgia that was plenty of freeze protection. Antifreeze is a rust-inhibitor (unlike CC or water), and it is biodegradable in case of a puncture.

The main risk that you normally associate with antifreeze comes from years of flowing through the lead-filled cooling system where they pick up a lot of metal. The other risk, of course, comes from little critters drinking it. That risk is reduced if you use the newer PG based antifreeze. Of course, that doesn't mean that you should dump it on the ground if you are changing the tire. I'm just saying in case of emergency, it isn't going to be toxic. Save it, reuse it and save $$$.