Tractor
    Mahindra 4110

Default 4-wheeler\'s trick applied to tractors

Here's a goofy little "Jeep" trick I applied to "tractoring" the other day -- Not sure if it has been posted here in the past, but thought I'd go ahead and post it anywho.

I was using the box blade (low gears - VERY slow) and had just stopped making forward progress (rear dif locked, all 4 wheels still slowly turning though).

Anyway, an old Jeeping trick for a "stuck" situation is to turn your steering wheel back and forth a couple of times while the wheels turn. I tried it and sure enough, works for tractors too. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img] The tractor tarted creeping forward once again and I was able to avoid even pushing in the clutch - much less throwing it in to reverse.

Of course, this trick is useless unless you have a 4wd tractor. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Long/Landtrac360DTC

Default Re: 4-wheeler\'s trick applied to tractors

I've used that trick a time or 2 myself, both with my pick-up and my tractor. Great when you just need that little extra bit of traction.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    kubota l3010hst/ford 601 workhorse

Default Re: 4-wheeler\'s trick applied to tractors

great trick, I probably already do it naturally but maybe it will come to mind next time i get stuck