Any feedback/experience on JD 955 Tractor

/ Any feedback/experience on JD 955 Tractor #1  

yankee7

I came across what seems to be a good buy for a JD 955 tractor and implements (FEL, BH, mower, snowblower). I'm considering the possibility/practicality of trying to use the tractor I buy for haying (2-3 acres) in addition to the primary purpose of clearing and rehabbing a pasture that's gone to weeds and was used as a "burial ground" by previous owners/tenants. Does anyone ahve any experience with this model tractor? Reliability? Power?

Thanks for any input.

Dave

/ Any feedback/experience on JD 955 Tractor #2  
All the x55 series tractors are robust little machines.
The 955 would be a good fit for 2-3 acres.
The 955 puts out 33 gross HP with about 28 HP at the PTO.

If that tractor is as nice as you say it is, it'll sell fast. The x55 series machines really hold their prices, BTW.

/ Any feedback/experience on JD 955 Tractor
Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, it seems like a really good deal since he'll include a FEL, bh, snowblower, belly mower, and two buckets for the backhoe, plus a heated cab. I'm trying to arrange financing quickly before someone else grabs it. If it's meant to be it'll work out.

Dave

RoyJackson said:
All the x55 series tractors are robust little machines.
The 955 would be a good fit for 2-3 acres.
The 955 puts out 33 gross HP with about 28 HP at the PTO.

If that tractor is as nice as you say it is, it'll sell fast. The x55 series machines really hold their prices, BTW.

/ Any feedback/experience on JD 955 Tractor #4  
yankee7 said:
Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, it seems like a really good deal since he'll include a FEL, bh, snowblower, belly mower, and two buckets for the backhoe, plus a heated cab. I'm trying to arrange financing quickly before someone else grabs it. If it's meant to be it'll work out.

Dave

If you don't want it...tell me where it is...:rolleyes: