Tires How to empty water from rear tires

/ How to empty water from rear tires #1  

jawmaw

I am moving up north so I need to empty the water out of my rear tires. Is this something I could do my self or does the tire need to be removed from the rim? It is a Kioti CK 30 with industrial tires.

Thanks.

/ How to empty water from rear tires #2  
Rotate tire until valve stem is on bottom. Remove valve core and let drain. When water no longer comes out use air compressor to inflate to about 10psi. Remove air compressor and let drain again. After a couple of times you should have all (or most) out reinstall valve core and inflate to recommended pressure (mine is 12psi).

/ How to empty water from rear tires #3  
Or
Do the above procedure but instead of worrying about the last of the water, refill the tires with windshield washer anti freeze as per other threads:)

/ How to empty water from rear tires #6  
You can't get it all out without removing the tire from the rim. You may be able to get a tractor shop to put in a more concentrated calcium solution to make the correct concentration when mixed with what you can't get out, and keep you protected from freezing.

/ How to empty water from rear tires #7  
Brent.Roberts said:
You can't get it all out without removing the tire from the rim. .

If you jacked up and blocked the axle so there was no pressure on the tire you might be able to pull the valve core which would allow you to pass in a small tube that could be used to (slowly) drain the remaining fluid with some sort of drill pump or even siphon etc.

Still, if it were me, I'd just add WWF if I wanted to reballast the tires or just add a gallon or two of pure methanol if I just wanted to insure the residual water did not freeze.

/ How to empty water from rear tires #10  
For what it's worth, I was in Home Depot yesterday and saw that they were selling their two windshield washer fluids for 69 cents a gallon. I couldn't resist and bought up ten cases so far (60 gallons) of the higher test -30 degree stuff (orange like my tractor). I couldn't get any more into my car but I intend to get another 40 gallons. so I'll have the 100 I need to load tires.

This price is about two bucks less per gallon than wintertime pricing. I may even dilute the orange stuff a bit with water as I don't really need -30.