Removed water from rears and beads popped...now what?

/ Removed water from rears and beads popped...now what? #31  
skipro3 said:
Well, 4 days since we have heard from Grrr. Maybe someone should make a phone call......
LOL.

I forgot about this thread.

Needless to say I was not successful.

Maybe I was just unwilling to use enough fluid, but I could not get it to pop on.

The flame see to fly out of the edges before it had a chance to seal. It also got the tire very hot.

I got the tire people out.

/ Removed water from rears and beads popped...now what? #32  
N80 said:
I would assume that to be the case. In my limited experience it isn't that hard to get a bead to set when you have tubes. Lube them up real good, inflate the tube and if it doesn't set, give it some time. One large ag tire we changed took ten minutes after inflating the tube but it did set. Made a loud pop.

To me, this is the most compelling argument for tubes.

Ditto that. i just put a set of tires on my ford 850.. had 1 tire that the bead did not move 100% to set.. I beat on it a lil with a mallet and tire hammer.. deflated it and then re-greased the bead and rim with tire soap.. re-aired it.. nada.. even picked ip up with a loader and dropped it a few feet to bounce it... nada.. So i just left it standing, stacked against the other tire, and when i came back the next day.. bead was set fine.

I love tubes..

soundguy

/ Removed water from rears and beads popped...now what? #33  
That's alot of flats!

I keep a few mounted spare tires now, but generally break my own tires down for tubes when needed. Each time i do it i say i'm not going to do it anymore and will instead hav ethe tire place do them.. but I'm so dang cheap anymore that I keep on doing them...!

sounduy

AlanB said:
I am assuming it too, but most folks that I know that load tires, put in tubes as protection for their rims.

And I make the wrong assumptions too many times reading things on these boards.

For me, on our equipment, I want tubeless so I can plug tires as they get holes.

We are working on our second box this season of plugs, that is over 50 repairs (ouch) although some were repairs that did not work and some are do-overs and some are holes with more then one plug.

It sure is handy to shove a plug in and go though rather then too have to pull out a tube and patch it.

And if I had to call in a service truck each time we had a flat, I think we would be out of business.

/ Removed water from rears and beads popped...now what? #34  
Grrrr said:
LOL.

I forgot about this thread.

Needless to say I was not successful.

Maybe I was just unwilling to use enough fluid, but I could not get it to pop on.

The flame see to fly out of the edges before it had a chance to seal. It also got the tire very hot.

I got the tire people out.

What did it end up costing to have them do the repair and inflation?

/ Removed water from rears and beads popped...now what? #35  
skipro3 said:
What did it end up costing to have them do the repair and inflation?
Don't think we've had the bill yet :eek:

We got them to do some other tractors at the same time so the call out won't have been so bad.