Removed water from rears and beads popped...now what?

/ Removed water from rears and beads popped...now what? #1  

jawmaw

Like most of my do it yourself ventures I find myself wondering wth. I let the air and water out of the rear tires and the beads popped. Now I cannot air the tires up. Can anyone tell me what to do? I tried jacking one side up at a time but the beads are not sealing.

Thanks!

/ Removed water from rears and beads popped...now what? #2  
Assuming you mean they popped inward (not out over the rim) you can try a strap clamp or ratcheting tie-down wrapped around the center of the circumference of the tire and tightened until it seals again. It works on smaller tires - never tired it on a tractor though. Add air while still clamped until the seal is established again.

/ Removed water from rears and beads popped...now what? #3  
jawmaw said:
Like most of my do it yourself ventures I find myself wondering wth. I let the air and water out of the rear tires and the beads popped. Now I cannot air the tires up. Can anyone tell me what to do? I tried jacking one side up at a time but the beads are not sealing.

Thanks!

No solution for you now...other than to contact your tire service...;)

Next time...:rolleyes:
Use jack stands so you get the weight off the tires...Before your drain them...:D

/ Removed water from rears and beads popped...now what? #4  
I didn't have any luck the first time I tried because I left the valve stem core in place... just a thought.

/ Removed water from rears and beads popped...now what? #5  
jawmaw said:

Thanks!

Did you have the axle raised and blocked off to keep pressure off the tire while you removed the water?

I'd also suggest the ratcheting tie down trick though as ScottK mentioned, that is typically used for smaller tires. You might need several clamps to get enough pressure on a big rear tractor tire. No chance it would work if you don't get the weight off the wheel though.

/ Removed water from rears and beads popped...now what? #6  
As the calcium/water is removed, you need to also add air so as not to create a vaccum, thus sucking the beads inward.

The ratchet strap is your best friend, now. That and a high flow air compressor/chuck/hose. I've used ether before, but in your case I'd suggest not compounding your problems at this point.

Good luck.

/ Removed water from rears and beads popped...now what? #7  
Yes a strap or rope and handle will work, but that method can be a hazard to fingers, feet and other body parts. This time, while air is added, the strap/rope has to be slowly released or something will fly off unexpectedly.

/ Removed water from rears and beads popped...now what? #8  
Theres always the starting fluid method of seating the beads.............. :eek:

/ Removed water from rears and beads popped...now what? #10  
Ductape said:
Theres always the starting fluid method of seating the beads.............. :eek:

redneck1: "did it go out?"

redneck2: "dump beer on it."

LOL