/ what is it #1  

schmism

Tractor
New holland TC(33)
john deere something...

01020801030801040820080707e08bf3e0e36994678d00de95.jpg

self powered combine thingie?

/ what is it #2  
Pull type combine (Model 12A I think) w/power unit (as opposed to PTO driven) I started off with one, only a PTO drive.

/ what is it
single row? corn? beans? wheat?

if it ran, what would one fetch? usefull for a little hobby farm setup?

what do you have to have to pull it?

/ what is it #4  
you got FWJ, it's 12a combine wit the engine drive. I think( really foggy memory here) they offered PTO, or 2 cylinder or Wisconsin or JD engines. It would appear this one has the JD water cooled unit.

We had a neighbor that used his Ford 8N to pull it and run it with PTO, so a modern CUT of 20hp PTO should do it.

I believe they only could combine small grains ,wheat,rye ,barley,oats.

/ what is it #6  
I've seen a few pictures of 12A's modified to take a one row corn head, but they were just a bit on the light side for handling corn.

They did a decent job in most other crops though. I used mine to bring in soybeans, wheat, barley, oats, and sorgham (milo).

"In working condition", they'll bring anywhere from $300 or $400 to several thousand in really good condition. I know of one still in operation on a working farm. The owner farms approx 175 acres total. Probably 1/3rd of that ends up in beans or wheat. HE uses the 12A behind a well worn 5000 Ford. He just finished bringing in his wheat crop for the year.

I've seen 12A's behind Deere model B's, so hp demand isn't all that high.

They aren't a lot of fun to use in a wet field.