Security & Theft New Category for Stolen Equipment

/ New Category for Stolen Equipment #11  
where are you in alabama? i get reports of backhoes and stuff getting stolen from my neck of the woods all the time. in fact my trailer and a dr brush mower were stolen out of my front yard just a few weeks ago. they cut the lock that was on it, unhooked from my truck, reattacthed it to their truck and drove off without anybody ever knowing they were there. makes me so freakin pissed....:mad:--by the way, im in the montgomery and shorter areas.

/ New Category for Stolen Equipment
334 lawn co. said:
where are you in alabama? i get reports of backhoes and stuff getting stolen from my neck of the woods all the time. in fact my trailer and a dr brush mower were stolen out of my front yard just a few weeks ago. they cut the lock that was on it, unhooked from my truck, reattacthed it to their truck and drove off without anybody ever knowing they were there. makes me so freakin pissed....:mad:--by the way, im in the montgomery and shorter areas.

I am about 25 miles south of Montg. down I-65. The backhoe still sits in hiding and they have no obvious way to transport it. I talked to an investigator earlier this week and he said he would try to get the VIN and run it.

These same group of sticky fingers made use of a skidder they found. They drove it over to a house where they "removed" a rear room, stole a large TV, and were making there way back until the skidder ran out of fuel.

There is one small area in my local community that is BAD!, yet they never seem to stay in jail. Something needs to change. I would be more afraid of them, but I figure if they ever had a gun that they have sold it by now. I don't think they are looking for trouble, just easy money.

If somebody has specifics about a stolen backhoe, I can try to get a closer look to see just what this is.

/ New Category for Stolen Equipment #13  
I mentioned in a post awhile back that adding a smiley face or some large feature to your tractor so that it stands out a bit would help. What did the tractor look like the sheriff ask? Uhhhh it was orange with a black Rops on it" You just described 100 tractors in the area.. Tell them it had your Farm name on a large decal on it that will be easier to spot.