Mowing air pressure in turfs for mowing

/ air pressure in turfs for mowing #1  

jdrotert

Silver Member
Tractor
B2150DT
I purchased turf tires for my Kubota B2150 for mowing duties. I've mowed twice now, and the ride seems really harsh. The rear tires are aired up to the maximum on the sidewall (14psi). Is this too much? How low can I safely go? BTW, the rears are 13.6-16, 4 ply tires.

/ air pressure in turfs for mowing #2  
While I do not have a Kubota, I have turfs on my JD 4100. I do not even know what the max psi is on my tires, my manual says 10psi in the rear and that is what I use. At max speed in low range (HST) my tractor rides a little rough, but not bad enough that I am happy to get off after 3-4 hours of mowing. I would guess that the max is too high and would certainly give a rougher ride. If, or when, you lower the tire pressure don't forget that you will also lower you mower hight for any given setting.

/ air pressure in turfs for mowing #3  
I have the same size tires on my tractor. I run about 10psi in the rears and 22psi in the fronts. My rears are loaded with CC and that smooths out the ride quite a bit.

/ air pressure in turfs for mowing #4  
John
I have a 2910 with the same tires as you have. I run about 12 psi. The tractor rode rough even after trying to adjust tire pressures. I was having problems with rear tire slippage on some of the small hills that I mow. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif It was suggested here on TBN that I try some additional weight on the rear. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif Added about 250 lbs with a weight box on the 3ph. This has solved both problems. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Ride is much better and I’m not tearing up the lawn from tire spin. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ air pressure in turfs for mowing
I have a rear finish mower, so lowered air pressure will not affect cut height. I can't use the rear weight box idea either for the same reason. Prior to having turfs, I had ag tires which were ballasted with CaCl. The ride was better then. I'll try lowering the pressure a little