I couldn't grease the pin!

/ I couldn't grease the pin! #1  

orezok

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
Yesterday I'm working with the 7800 and the loader needs greasing. I get out the gun and go through the usual routine. I get to the front pins at the loader lift cylinders and look for the zerk. Unfortunately, I don't have my glasses on and I spot this "zerk" on the inboard side of the pin.

Boy, I don't remember ever greasing that zerk. Put the gun on and it will take no grease! Try as I might, short of bending the handle on the gun, NO grease. Oh sugar! Don't tell me that I've never greased that pin and now it ruined.

Well back to work and we'll deal with it later. Yeah, you already know, I went out this morning, with my glasses to look at it, and guess what? That was the threaded end of the through bolt that holds the pin in. The part that baffled me is that the grease gun locked on it and didn't leak even a smidgen with all the pressure I put on it.

Here's your sign!

/ I couldn't grease the pin! #2  
I do dumb stuff also but I don't post it. :rolleyes:
Well, not all of it. I always say, no sense being dumb if I don't show it once in a while.

/ I couldn't grease the pin! #3  
Some of us tell, and some of us think we are smart enough not to tell, but slip up and tell anyway.