Tires Titan Tires

/ Titan Tires #1  

daTeacha

Veteran Member
Quite often I see someone wondering about the quality of Titan brand tires on their CUT.

FYI, there is a Titan plant in Bryan, Ohio. Today's Wooster paper had a little article about the fact that this plant is expanding to make tires to fit on 63" rims. That's 5 feet 3 inches across the inner diameter of the tire. The O.D. will be 13 feet 6 inches and each tire will weigh something like 13,000 lb. They are going to be making about 20 tires per week, and the tires will be the largest in the world.

I don't think you'll see them on many CUTs, but they will have something very much like an R4 tread pattern. Wonder if we can get them in R1s? :)

/ Titan Tires #2  
Titan now owns what WAS GoodYear's AG tire division. They also continue to make their own line of tires. Titan has an assortment of grades/quality levels of products. Some are basic economy level tires. Some are among the best on the market. I've been using Titans almost exclusively for several years. There's a great Titan distributor less than 15 miles from my home.

My thinking has always been to find the products that meet or exceed my needs, then look for the best price available on that item. In so many words, I won't buy what I see as second rate products no matter how cheap, but I like a bargain just as much as the next guy. Buy low quality and no matter how cheap, it isn't a bargain in my book. That said, I've been more than pleased with the premium level offereings from Titan. But, buy their cheapest line of tires and you're getting a cheap tire. Buy their premium grades and get a great tire, generally at a good price compared to any of the "name brands".

/ Titan Tires #3  
Farmwithjunk said:
Titan now owns what WAS GoodYear's AG tire division. They also continue to make their own line of tires. Titan has an assortment of grades/quality levels of products. Some are basic economy level tires. Some are among the best on the market. I've been using Titans almost exclusively for several years. There's a great Titan distributor less than 15 miles from my home.

My thinking has always been to find the products that meet or exceed my needs, then look for the best price available on that item. In so many words, I won't buy what I see as second rate products no matter how cheap, but I like a bargain just as much as the next guy. Buy low quality and no matter how cheap, it isn't a bargain in my book. That said, I've been more than pleased with the premium level offereings from Titan. But, buy their cheapest line of tires and you're getting a cheap tire. Buy their premium grades and get a great tire, generally at a good price compared to any of the "name brands".

Bill, what is the premium line? My only experience with Titan was the Titan tires New Holland was putting on the TN's back in 99 and 2000 and they were all weather checking bad right on the lot. From that moment I was never going to buy a Titan tire but now that you are saying there are multiple grades I am curious as to what is what.

I really can't complain much about my Goodyears on the TN as they have held up rather well and give decent traction. I have started going to Firestone but only because I can't afford Michelins. But you are right, you get what you pay for most of the time.

/ Titan Tires #5  
Robert_in_NY said:
Bill, what is the premium line? My only experience with Titan was the Titan tires New Holland was putting on the TN's back in 99 and 2000 and they were all weather checking bad right on the lot. From that moment I was never going to buy a Titan tire but now that you are saying there are multiple grades I am curious as to what is what.

I really can't complain much about my Goodyears on the TN as they have held up rather well and give decent traction. I have started going to Firestone but only because I can't afford Michelins. But you are right, you get what you pay for most of the time.

All my Titan literature is out at the shop, and I'm just about to shut down for the night. We're getting pounded with severe thunderstorms and high winds right at the moment.

Titan has a line of radials, and several "models" of bias ply tires besides the basic "oem" tire they sell. I've had EXTREMELY good luck with wear, durability, traction, and initial cost with their tires.

I'll get back with you on the subject when the neighbors barn quits blowing past the house! :eek:

/ Titan Tires #6  
i have titens on at least the front of my 2001 TC33, and love them. Ive beat the ever living snot out of them and they keep comeing back for more. As far as a ican tell my tractor has lived a lot of its lifeoutside from the badly faded decals on the shifters, but no issues with the tires, and with 350 hrs, i have to think they are the orginal factory ones.

/ Titan Tires #7  
I have Titan tires on my Polaris fourwheeler I sold. They have made tires for quads for years. My tire shop said they took over tractor tires for Goodyear,they didn't say anything bad about them. plowking

/ Titan Tires #8  
Farmwithjunk said:
All my Titan literature is out at the shop, and I'm just about to shut down for the night. We're getting pounded with severe thunderstorms and high winds right at the moment.

Titan has a line of radials, and several "models" of bias ply tires besides the basic "oem" tire they sell. I've had EXTREMELY good luck with wear, durability, traction, and initial cost with their tires.

I'll get back with you on the subject when the neighbors barn quits blowing past the house! :eek:

There is no hurry as I have no need to buy new tires anytime soon. Just curious for any future purchases.

/ Titan Tires #9  
I have Titan R1's on my B7100 rear and Nanking front. I believe they were put on at the same time by the previous owner. The Titans look great, the Nankings are looking a little weather checked.