I can afford the 19k tractor....it's all the other stuff!

/ I can afford the 19k tractor....it's all the other stuff! #21  
sunspot said:
Hang on to her. You have a winner:D

I got the 5000 anyway.. just a few years later. but honestly.. had i got the 5000 1st.. i probably would not own the 7610s.. Not sure if that's good or bad.. though the extra money in the bank would be nice!

soundguy

/ I can afford the 19k tractor....it's all the other stuff! #22  
Who are you kidding Chris? That money wouldn't have been in the bank, you would have just found a couple of different tractors to add to your collection of 300+ tractors.:D :p

/ I can afford the 19k tractor....it's all the other stuff! #23  
jwstewar said:
you would have just found a couple of different tractors to add to your collection of 300+ tractors.:D :p
That I gotta see:eek: . I visit in his area at least once a year:D

/ I can afford the 19k tractor....it's all the other stuff! #24  
Well.. some of it might have made it to the bank.. maybee.. :rolleyes: ;)

soundguy

/ I can afford the 19k tractor....it's all the other stuff!
grandpa has the following tractors:

4- 8N's
2- 9N's
2- F20's one is frame/running gear only- he's going to put an old flathead in it
1- super M
1- H doesn't run, pretty rough
1- 300 utility
1- MF135
1- Allis Chalmer's C

I told him about a Ford 600 that's for sale and I think he's going to get it today......I wondered why grandmas sounded mad at me on the phone last night......I swear I didn't encourage him!:rolleyes:

Someone has a REAL problem......

/ I can afford the 19k tractor....it's all the other stuff! #26  
The problem is when you can't get em.. not when you can!

soundguy

/ I can afford the 19k tractor....it's all the other stuff! #27  
jbrumberg said:
Tractoritis is a function of our genetics, the XY chromosome. We are just wired differently than XX's, and the differences start early. There was a really neat experiment years ago in which the experimenters paired groups of preverbal boys to girls based on pupil response to stimulation (true IQ) and then they exposed both group to different stimulii- pictures of faces and and objects with blinking lights. The girls group tended to focus on pictures of faces (social) and the boys tended to focus on boxes with blinking lights (mechanical). Now go and look in your audio-visual room. What do you see? Anything different? I remember playing in the sand box with my Tonka toys and making a lot of "raspberry-like" noises to simulate engine noises- now all I need to do is turn the key and play in my big "sandbox". Like salmon swimming upstream (to spawn and die or Lemmings going to the sea and die) we are just following our genetic emperatives. Jay :rolleyes:

Jay,
Wow,:) you said a mouth full.:rolleyes: Don't know which foot you filled it up with though.;) Can you now explain what I am doing, mentally, while I try to satisfy my Tractoritis?:confused: Do you have room for your other foot?:eek:
hugs, Brandi

/ I can afford the 19k tractor....it's all the other stuff! #28  
:eek::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D...Watch out for those Texas gals Jay ... they'll gitcha every time! :D:D:D:D:D ....I've had visitors tell me they couldn't believe how many good lookin' girls they saw driving pickups in Texas. :eek::cool: