Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC40D

Default Re: KK Finish Mower

Any chance you could get the mower on someone else's tractor and see how it sounded? My Woods mower is very difficult to turn by hand, especially since I rebuilt the bearing housings. Even when it somewhat easier I could never spin the blades however, more like just get them to turn. With my new NH TC40D I now have a lot of trouble hooking the PTO up, fortuneately the mower has a big flywheel that I can turn in order to get the PTO shaft and coupler aligned. Never heard any grinding though.

Tractor
    None: Sold Kubota L3410 HST 4WD

My BEFCO turns by hand with almost no effort.

I just bought and put together a new 5' KK finish mower. The PTO shaft is very difficult to turn because of the spindle ratio's used to obtain the high blade speeds. I hope you noticed that the KK comes ungreased with no oil in the gear box. The blade spindles take a lot of grease. I used almost a hole tube before all fittings were filled.

Tractor
    Kubota L3010DT

My KK 72" finishing mower is also difficult to turn by hand. As a matter of fact, I think every time I have ever turned it, I either did it by pulling the belt or the blade. Mine also took a whole tube of grease to get everything lubed up!

Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12