Backhoe Using the backhoe... Dug the deepest hole!

/ Using the backhoe... Dug the deepest hole! #1  

madslick

Bronze Member
Hello folks,
It all started this morning, just another day. Hopped in the car, drove to commuter lot, and caught commuter van to work.

"Ring, Ring", cell phone rings in the middle of a meeting. Wife is on the phone asking for help. I can hear the stringent, horrible sound of a child-like cry in the background. I give the wife some advice over the phone.

Worried about the situation back home, I proceeded to find a ride to take me back to the commuter lot. Not good, can't find a ride.
Boss finds me in hall and wants to tell me all about blah blah blah...

Wife calls again... it's over!!!

Finally found a ride back to commuter lot and drove home.

Dazed, numb, and confused, I arrive at the house were I wait for the wife to arrive.
Wife hops in my car, and we take off on a long, silent ride back to the hospital.
We arrive at the hospital, go in the backroom, and find my loyal 7 year old Female German shepherd lifeless body on a stall.
After battling with DM (Canine Multiple Sclerosis) for about 8 months, she died of bloat ( stomach turned and choked vital blood lines) on her way to the vet.
She was a little special dog. Unbelievable watchdog - slept with her eyes open - really!
She was the kind of dog that made you think and outsmarted you almost every time.
If you ever read "Where the red fern grows" you would know this dog.

Here is where the story gets a little funny:
I'm not much of Religious man, but, as my wife and I waited in the quiet waiting room for the clerks to bag the body, a woman walked in with a female German Shepperd.
The dog made a B-line to my seat and proceeded to kiss my face.
For a moment, I saw my little buddy in this dog, and my little buddy was telling me everything was alright.
The woman apologized profusely and told us that her dog had never behaved like that before. I didn't mind.
We finally got the bagged body in the car and drove the long, silent trip back home.
We found a nice plot in the property, one where a good Watchdog could keep an eye on our house.
Got the tractor out, and proceeded to dig. I dug, dug, and dug until I had the cleanest squarest hole I could come up with. I really didn't want to stop digging 'cause I knew what was next.
Buried the little buddy and payed my last respects.

The loss of that little buddy, dug the deepest hole in my heart!

/ Using the backhoe... Dug the deepest hole!
Wherever dogs go when they die, that's where I want to go when I die!

/ Using the backhoe... Dug the deepest hole! #3  
madslick said:
Hello folks,
It all started this morning, just another day. Hopped in the car, drove to commuter lot, and caught commuter van to work.

"Ring, Ring", cell phone rings in the middle of a meeting. Wife is on the phone asking for help. I can hear the stringent, horrible sound of a child-like cry in the background. I give the wife some advice over the phone.

Worried about the situation back home, I proceeded to find a ride to take me back to the commuter lot. Not good, can't find a ride.
Boss finds me in hall and wants to tell me all about blah blah blah...

Wife calls again... it's over!!!

Finally found a ride back to commuter lot and drove home.

Dazed, numb, and confused, I arrive at the house were I wait for the wife to arrive.
Wife hops in my car, and we take off on a long, silent ride back to the hospital.
We arrive at the hospital, go in the backroom, and find my loyal 7 year old Female German shepherd lifeless body on a stall.
After battling with DM (Canine Multiple Sclerosis) for about 8 months, she died of bloat ( stomach turned and choked vital blood lines) on her way to the vet.
She was a little special dog. Unbelievable watchdog - slept with her eyes open - really!
She was the kind of dog that made you think and outsmarted you almost every time.
If you ever read "Where the red fern grows" you would know this dog.

Here is where the story gets a little funny:
I'm not much of Religious man, but, as my wife and I waited in the quiet waiting room for the clerks to bag the body, a woman walked in with a female German Shepperd.
The dog made a B-line to my seat and proceeded to kiss my face.
For a moment, I saw my little buddy in this dog, and my little buddy was telling me everything was alright.
The woman apologized profusely and told us that her dog had never behaved like that before. I didn't mind.
We finally got the bagged body in the car and drove the long, silent trip back home.
We found a nice plot in the property, one where a good Watchdog could keep an eye on our house.
Got the tractor out, and proceeded to dig. I dug, dug, and dug until I had the cleanest squarest hole I could come up with. I really didn't want to stop digging 'cause I knew what was next.
Buried the little buddy and payed my last respects.

The loss of that little buddy, dug the deepest hole in my heart!

I am sorry for your loss. When our dog died, it was the hardest thing my wife and I have gone through. She stays in my heart, on my wall, and she is my avatar. RIP Joey.

/ Using the backhoe... Dug the deepest hole! #4  
A PET'S TEN COMMANDMENTS.........
>
> 1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any
> separation from you is likely to be painful.
>
>
> 2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
>
>
> 3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my
> well-being.
>
>
> 4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me
> up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment,
> but I have only you.
>
>
> 5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words,
> I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
>
>
> 6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never
> forget it.
>
>
> 7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember
> that I could hurt you, and yet,
> I choose not to bite you.
>
> 8. Before you scold me for being lazy or
> uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps
> I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my
> heart might be getting old or weak.
>
> 9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too,
> will grow old.
>
> 10 On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me
> please. Never say you can't bear to watch.
>
> Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier
> for me if you are there, because I love you so.
>
>
>
> ~Take a moment today to thank God for your pets.
> Enjoy and take good care of them.
>
> Life would be a much duller, less joyful experience
> without God's critters.

>
> We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded
> by hope, love, and joyfulness. It is here on earth and has four legs!

/ Using the backhoe... Dug the deepest hole! #5  
Sorry about your dog.

Where the red fern grows is the best movie ever. I made my kids watch it several times. They respect there dogs more now.

/ Using the backhoe... Dug the deepest hole! #6  
Sorry for your loss, just lost out 6 year old male german shepard 3 months ago from bloat. Most loyal protective companion one could have. There is nothing like the personality of a german shepard and loyalty, most would think they are a viscious dog. They will lick your toddlers face and in one second switch to protecting you or your property. They are all I have ever had for a pet. We now have a male 18 month old that needed adopted and has a big heart!

/ Using the backhoe... Dug the deepest hole! #7  
I really hope that all dogs go to heaven...

Have you guys heard of Chistian the Lion?

Here is a link to his video on youtube...I hope I am not breaking a forum rule but what the heck. This video is worth watching, if this doesn't get to you, you aren't human! Many of you will remember George Adamson and the born free story. That's George carrying the rifle in the video.

YouTube - Christian the Lion - the full story (in HQ)

/ Using the backhoe... Dug the deepest hole!
Thank you all for your kind words...
These animals are like kids that never grow up:
1) Perpetually stuck at age 3.
2) Love you regarless of what you look, smell, or wear
3) Playtime on demand...
4) Even though they might be a little stinky sometimes, you love them anyways

:eek:

/ Using the backhoe... Dug the deepest hole! #9  
madslick said:
These animals are like kids that never grow up:
1) Perpetually stuck at age 3.
2) Love you regarless of what you look, smell, or wear
3) Playtime on demand...
4) Even though they might be a little stinky sometimes, you love them anyways

:eek:

Isn't that the truth. You have my synpathy. We lost one of our three a few months ago. It really hurt. That dog spent its 11-year life within 5 feet of me when I was in the house and waiting by the back door when I wasn't. She wasn't very smart, in fact she was downright dumb, but a more loving, trusting animal I've never run across. She had many health problems and operations in her life, in fact I always said that she was the most expensive $10 dog I ever bought, but the one thing that never changed was the sheer joy she felt and showed with every kind word or scratch behind the ear. Why do we get so attached to those darn dumb animals? I'm sitting, writing this with a tear in my eye. She certainly left a hole in our lives.

/ Using the backhoe... Dug the deepest hole! #10  
Maybe your girl will be in doggy heaven with this guy, he will watch over her.

Nash born July 02- May 08, 125 lbs, stomach bloat at our cabin.

Attachments

• Nash.jpg
    Nash.jpg
    463.1 KB · Views: 296