In your worst dreams.....

/ In your worst dreams..... #51  
Getting stuck, is well... getting stuck.
I was filling a pond with dirt, after the tennants decided anything they didn't want would be a way to get rid of the mosquito nest. I got too close a couple of times, and dropped a wheel into the pond. I would just turn into the 2 feet of water and drive across so I could approach the bank at a right angle, thereby allowing me to come out easily. Worked great right up till that last time, when the front wheel dropped into a semi tire while the boxblade was still up on the bank and digging in. One of the neighbors with his brand new Toyota pickup came over to pull me out. Didn't happen, so I disconnected from the boxblade and he snatched on that for a while. Last thing I remember seeing before he started cussing was the uprights on the boxblade flying on the end of his rope towards the front of his truck. I could just see the windshield being hit, but the uprights missed, only hitting the hood of the truck. He left and I grabbed an overhead hoist, mounted it on a beam, chained the beam to the bottom of a 12" pine tree and pulled the boxblade and then the tractor out. During the process, the front end of the 4x4 tractor broke a gear, which was no longer available, and replacement parts to change over to the new style would be about 5 times as much money to be able to get the front end back in operation.
I was a lot more careful as to where I put that tractor after that, and when I get it stuck (or any other tractors), I make sure to grab something that will pull it out and not chance blemishing some sheet metal on a toy that won't do the job anyway.
David from jax

/ In your worst dreams..... #52  
After a good day grading I stopped by the boat ramp to wash the tractor. It popped out of gear and I ended up having a bath. Cost me just under a grand to fix it myself. :( Took me a year to even talk about that day.

TIG- I enjoyed all the stories but yours really made me laugh. Glad it has been long enough so that you can finally talk about it :)