Can anyone explain the pros cons of 3pt Versus 2pt linkage rotovators?

/ Can anyone explain the pros cons of 3pt Versus 2pt linkage rotovators? #1  

Blagadan

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B7100D
Hi Folks,

I am looking at buying a rotovator for my Kubota B7100. I have an option of buying a 2 point linkage rotovator OR a 3 point linkage rotovator...

The 2 point linkage unit is cheaper than the 3 pt.

What are the pro's and con's between the two?:confused:

thanks,

b

/ Can anyone explain the pros cons of 3pt Versus 2pt linkage rotovators? #2  
Is one to assume that they are the same except that the 2-point does not connect to the top link? Does it rely on a tail wheel with some sort of mechanical adjustment for its height? It doesn't make sense that such an arrangement would be less expensive to produce than a 3-point hitch version. Perhaps you could provide more info such as manufacturers names and models, even links to websites to clarify the issue.

/ Can anyone explain the pros cons of 3pt Versus 2pt linkage rotovators? #3  
I would get the three point tiller to attach to the top link of your tractor; otherwise transporting and getting proper use will be limited and may cause the tiller to bounce on hardened soil.

Also, if it is a two point it must have a stabilizing system with wheels or skids, and be awkard to manuever when using? The PTO connection on the two point system would be interesting also?

/ Can anyone explain the pros cons of 3pt Versus 2pt linkage rotovators? #4  
I would get the three point tiller to attach to the top link of your tractor; otherwise transporting and getting proper use will be limited and may cause the tiller to bounce on hardened soil.

Also, if it is a two point it must have a stabilizing system with wheels or skids, and be awkard to manuever when using? The PTO connection on the two point system would be interesting also?