Got stuck today

/ Got stuck today #1  

Ryan03

Platinum Member
Tractor
Farmtrac DTC270, Kubota G5200hydro, Honda recon 250, Suzuki King Quad 450 4x4, 2003 2500 DMax/Allison 4x4
I found a soft spot with my 270 today, luckily I stopped before it got to bad.
stuck.jpg

/ Got stuck today
Hand digging, using the fel, and a little bit of clutch and gear box abuse.

/ Got stuck today #4  
luckily I stopped before it got to bad

I guess so, but it sure looks to me like you stopped too late.:D Glad you got it out.

/ Got stuck today #5  
Hand digging, using the fel, and a little bit of clutch and gear box abuse.

Your not stuck!
You just stopped moving!

I've met some of the best winch recovery operaters in Md. Before I stopped drinking!

/ Got stuck today
Once I dug out around the box scraper with a shovel, I was able to move back and forth a couple of feet by using the loader and running the tractor in low 2 4x4 with the diff locked. I pulled forward as far as I could, then took my chainsaw [had it with me anyway, was improving the trails] and cut down a couple of dead trees around 6 inches in diameter. I then cut the trees into roughly 7 ft sections and placed them across my ruts directly behind the tractor, I then shifted to 3rd high and started rocking the tractor forward and back, after a few times, the back end popped up un the log mat that I had made ,[about 6 ft long]. I then put it back in low and used the loader to push myself back and once to the logs, lift my frontend up to the logs and backed out. Lucky for me, this happened fairly close to my house, where all the mud has a solid clay bottom about 2 ft down. If this would have happend down the trail 400 ft, it would still be there, because you have to go down about 6 ft through the loam and black pete until you hit clay, and it is all spring fed, so it only dries on the top 3 inches or so. you can drive over it carefuly with a heavy machine in the dry season, but as soon as you spin a tire or make a sharp turn, the water actualy oozes up out of it and you stop dead, and every time you move, you sink 6 more inches This is a video of my atv in the described area. I posted it on here a few months ago. I hope I never sink the farmtrac back there, the thought makes me ill. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fQwJXmAdgE

/ Got stuck today #7  
Yea I would definately stay out of that hole with the tractor if the quad couldnt get through it.:eek:

I have always said that you are never stuck if you dont have to have something else pull you out just slowed down or delayed.:D

/ Got stuck today
I would never try that with the tractor. That mud hole was actualy made by driving the atv over a spot bleeding water 10 or 12 times, and it made that giant mudhole. The soil conditions are like that for about a 300 x 200 ft area. What worries me is hitting one of those springs with the farmtrac accidentaly. The neighbor hit one on his property about 4 years ago with a john deer 120 track hoe, and almost drowned the engine berore he quit trying to get out. It took a pc 300 a couple of hours to get him out. Luckily he is an excavator and the 300 [also his machine] was only a 1/4 mile walk away.

/ Got stuck today #9  
Wow, you really got it stick. I got stuck today too. We were pulling some scrap out from an old dump on my land and the little U-haul we used, which only had about 3 inches of ground clearance did not fair well in the mud. It's been a really wet summer here and we had about 1.5 tons on a trailer with a 3/4 ton weight limit. Well, the wheels on the trailer were buried in old logging ruts so we were pretty much dragging the trailer. The industrial tires got caked with mud just spun, while the trailer was about a foot and a half into the mud. Fortunately the Chevy was nearby and was able to get close enough with about 100 feet of 1 inch chain to pull the tractor out while it was still hooked up to the trailer. Third time in three weeks I've gotten stuck in mud in places where there hasn't been mud in ten years. Heck with all the rain we've only hayed our 150 acres once this summer. We usually get our fields hayed three times a summer. Weird weather...it's been playing heck with us this summer. Here are some photos from after by buddy and I got the tractor and trailer unstuck.

Attachments

• Tractor and trailer.jpg
    Tractor and trailer.jpg
    747.2 KB · Views: 472
   / Got stuck today #10  
Dang...your close enough to become belly hung,and for those that been belly hung we all know what that means. :(

Get stuck now and again just remider of limitations. ;)