Tooth bar - worthwhile investment?

/ Tooth bar - worthwhile investment? #21  
If anyone has any questions how a toothbar is mounted, here are some threads to check out. I made my own and documented it thread with pics of how a toothbar is mounted. Just do a search on "toothbar" and you'll find a wealth of info.

/ Tooth bar - worthwhile investment? #22  
Thanks for the threads... That explains it all.......

/ Tooth bar - worthwhile investment? #23  
Gary,

Couldn't find the paperwork. However I did call K.C. Canary (518)-853-3405 and they told me the manufacturer:

FFC attachments 800-747-2132
http://www.mahnen.com/ffc.html

Buck

/ Tooth bar - worthwhile investment? #24  
Matyac,

Just got my L3010 1 month ago and after reading this thread (along with others), I am definetly going to ask my dealer about getting a tooth bar for my loader. Let us know how you do (since I have a vested interest).

BTW, one of my complaints about the L3010 is using it in the dark. With the loader close to the ground it blocks the lights, and with it higher in the air (without getting redicules), it blocks my view! You might want to consider some work lights to attach to the ROPS.

/ Tooth bar - worthwhile investment? #26  
That's a real nice homemade tooth bar. I could do the welding but not the machining. However it's making me think about getting the parts machined up. We priced a JD toothbar for our JD 310C (construction size TLB). I can't recall the price but it was HIGH!!! Like close to a grand.

So I'll have to find someone to fab one or fab the parts for me.

Also, we have a Ford 1320 and a JD 755 compact tractors, each with 60" light material buckets. What do you guys think about those kind of buckets holding up to toothbar usage?

Thanks!

/ Tooth bar - worthwhile investment? #27  
I BOUGHT MY TOOTHBAR FROM CARVER AND BUCK say his looks identical to that. the oem of my bar was W.R.LONG . very well built and fit like a glove.

/ Tooth bar - worthwhile investment? #28  
In my humble opinion, the toothbar is one of man's greatest inventions...

Do keep in mind though that with the tooth bar installed the effective front of your bucket is about 6-8 inches further forward of what you can see. I was using the loader to move my plowblade to the back of the garage...and my wife reminded me of this fact right after a put a hole in the garage wall with a tooth. Ouch!

The hole is nothing that a little plaster won't fix, but fixing my pride will take a bit more than that!

Why does this stuff only happen with an audience? /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

/ Tooth bar - worthwhile investment? #30  
Rat -

<font color=blue> Your WRONG Bill, I do it with and without audiences all the time. If you practice, you can too! </font color=blue>

Well then, I guess I need more practice!! I only seem to do the stupid stuff with an audience present... Although, I suppose if I'm going to do something *really* stupid I'd just as soon have an audience so they can call 911... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif