Gasp...Choke....Wheeeeze.....Uh-huuuuck :(

/ Gasp...Choke....Wheeeeze.....Uh-huuuuck :( #11  
In Catt county we've had so much rain that I've only been able to run the tractor with the cultivator through it once and now the weeds are taking over.

/ Gasp...Choke....Wheeeeze.....Uh-huuuuck :(
Last spring we were a little over 2" ahead of average. By the end of september, we were a little over 14" BELOW average. In May, we were back to 6"+ ABOVE average. Now we're 1-3/4" BELOW average for the year.

So....Someone want to explain to me what average is again?

/ Gasp...Choke....Wheeeeze.....Uh-huuuuck :( #13  
Average is an arithmetic term which cannot predict any future events. Mother Nature is going to do whatever she is going to do, and doesn't care about hitting any artificial average!

/ Gasp...Choke....Wheeeeze.....Uh-huuuuck :( #14  
Had an uncle up in Ohio who used to grow popcorn. On year it was really hot and dry during harvest. He got all his corn in the storage bins. Well, it being so hot the corn started popping in those hot metal buildings. And you know how popcorn expands once it pops. It expanded so much that it blew the roof off. When that popcorn blew up in the air and came floating down it looked like snow and his cows froze to death!

Yep, I'm in Ohio. I turned on the hose the other day and the air was so dry that the water all dried up and turned to dust before it hit the plants. Works as an insect repellant, though. And to think that just a few weeks ago the corn was growing so fast that all that creakin' and squeakin' at night kept you from getting a good night's sleep.

Weather sure does change in a hurry around here, too, but that's a whole 'nother thread.

/ Gasp...Choke....Wheeeeze.....Uh-huuuuck :( #15  
And I thought Paul Bunyan was from Minnesota! :D

/ Gasp...Choke....Wheeeeze.....Uh-huuuuck :( #16  
Farmwithjunk. I wish I send some rain your way.

We have way to much rain here in Jacksonville, Fl. We had lots of rain before the hurricane, and then hurricane Fay sort of just hung around dumping rain. Some places had 8 to 20 in. Some even had 1 to 3 in per hour. I lost power for about 30 hours.

/ Gasp...Choke....Wheeeeze.....Uh-huuuuck :(
Farmwithjunk. I wish I send some rain your way.

We have way to much rain here in Jacksonville, Fl. We had lots of rain before the hurricane, and then hurricane Fay sort of just hung around dumping rain. Some places had 8 to 20 in. Some even had 1 to 3 in per hour. I lost power for about 30 hours.

What's the USPS rate for sending 2" of rain? ;)

My oldest sister lives 35 miles southeast of Tampa. We've been trying to reach her since last week. No answer yet.

It's "raining" here now. I was standing outside in the driveway a few minutes ago, talking with the local fire chief. After 10 minutes in the "deluge", my shrirt wasn't even wet yet. The air is so dry, rain is evaporating before it reaches the ground.

/ Gasp...Choke....Wheeeeze.....Uh-huuuuck :( #18  
If you want to make it STOP raining, just go out and plant some grass seed. I just tried it and it works GREAT! No rain for the last week and none predicted for the next week and a half....

/ Gasp...Choke....Wheeeeze.....Uh-huuuuck :( #19  
this last spring was so wet, i decided i would go ahead and move the barn a little closer to the house. we just hooked her up to about 30 canoes and after paddling for near close to an hour, she was sittin' right where we wanted her.

the hard part was diggin' the foundation under water. luckily i had trained a family of beavers last fall and they made short work of it. not sure how good the work is, but the price was right. just paid 'em with wood shavings from the hickory tree i was shaving down to use as a toothpick.

now it's so dry i can't blink my eyes without puffin out a cloud of dust.

nature sure is weird....

amp