Short lifting arms??

/ Short lifting arms?? #1  

scheduleplus

Whenever I lift my bushhog on my B7800 it pulls the edge into the tires. My center pivot arm is adjusted out about as far as it can go. Just wondering why the arms provided allow that to happen in the first place...maybe they are ok for a scraper or other items, but don't work on the bushhog... Replacing the arms with longer ones seems the obvious answer to me, but I don't have that issue on my tractor in Texas. I'm not sure if I can find different lengths up here - it seems "normal" commerce has forgotten Alaska.

Any insight on this is appreciated.

RWW
'08 B7800 - Alaska
'85 International 585 - Texas
'87 442

/ Short lifting arms?? #2  
sounds like there is too much play or slack in the lower arms? The B7800 has turnbuckles on the lower arms right? Can you adjust them so there is not so much side to side sway with the bushhog on?

I have a B7610 that had turnbuckles ( I since have swapped them out for telescoping arms) and I would have the same problem with my bush hog if I didn't have the turnbuckles adjusted right. I could be wrong but I don't think making them longer is going to have any effect.

/ Short lifting arms?? #3  
I have a KK 5' Cutter that was really wide if you used the lower link pins as set by the dealer (TSC). Made it a pain to hook up to my old Ford 2000 because I'd have the lower lift arms spread about as wide as they'd go to hook it up. Someone on TBN suggested that reversing the pins so that they are inside the frame rather than outside would reduce overall distance between the arms. I did it, and it worked well for me. I've left it that way for use on my 3510i, and I like it much better.

Hope this helps.

Lunk

/ Short lifting arms??
I'll check the play - I seem to recall there is a lot. Intended to do it yesterday evening, but got interrupted by a grizzly sow and her two cubs. They win territorial rights every time - even if it is in my driveway...

/ Short lifting arms?? #5  
Whenever I lift my bushhog on my B7800 it pulls the edge into the tires. My center pivot arm is adjusted out about as far as it can go. Just wondering why the arms provided allow that to happen in the first place...maybe they are ok for a scraper or other items, but don't work on the bushhog... Replacing the arms with longer ones seems the obvious answer to me, but I don't have that issue on my tractor in Texas. I'm not sure if I can find different lengths up here - it seems "normal" commerce has forgotten Alaska.

Any insight on this is appreciated.

RWW
'08 B7800 - Alaska
'85 International 585 - Texas
'87 442

I had a similar problem when attaching my Yanmar RS1200 rototiller to the 3pt hitch on my Kubota B7510HST. To fit the pto shaft and slip clutch between the tractor and the tiller, I had to remove the 26" long lift arms that came with the Kubota and use the 35" long arms from my 1964 MF-135 diesel.

DSCF0211Medium.jpg

Agri-Supply has 32" long Cat 1 lift arms from $27.95 that may solve your interference problem.

Agri Supply - Where we have Something for Everyone for your Farm Shop & Home