AFTER 4 YEARS

/ AFTER 4 YEARS #1  

LBrown59

Super Star Member
First organized permanent settlement in the northw
Tractor
2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500
After 4 years I'm nearly out of things to do with the tractor.

Is that because I'm almost all caught up or is it because I haven't thought of everything I could do with it?

/ AFTER 4 YEARS #2  
You have more tractors than you have acres. You need more acres. Wasn't that easy?

/ AFTER 4 YEARS #6  

Is that because I'm almost all caught up or is it because I haven't thought of everything I could do with it?

That's what I thought after nearly 3 years with my Kubota B7510HST/LA302 FEL (21 hp engine, 17 hp pto, 4WD). It was a fine machine for getting my 10 acres of flat pasture land mowed and for getting the landscaping, paver block walkways and patio installed for the new house.

Then inspiration (or insanity) struck in 2007 and I decided to try hay farming on the available 7 acres of weeds that I had been mowing 2 or 3 times per year. So the 7510 became part of a deal last March for a new Mahindra 5525 (54 hp engine, 45 hp pto, 2WD) with the ML250 FEL (6 ft bucket) along with a new Hawkline 6-ft brush hog. And I spent time and a few bucks during the past year accumulating a bunch of pre-owned haying equipment.

DSCF0291Small.jpg

Now I have all kinds of fun things to do getting all those old implements in working condition, like a pair of old Minneapolis Moline P3-6 grain drills

DSCF0158Small.jpg

So far two of my neighbors have talked to me about haying their 10 acres also. I may have a tiger by the tail here.

/ AFTER 4 YEARS #7  

All about creativity or,,,, you need to borrow my wife.:D

/ AFTER 4 YEARS #8  
Good find on those MM grain drills. Wish I had one.